Aizen x Momo: Butterflies Can Reach the Moon

Author's note:
Rating: Pg-13
Genre: hurt/angst/comfort

The cherry blossom petals flew around, letting the fall wind carry them to other Worley areas to spread their beauty. Each individual petal flew, on and on, landing on something that helps them grow. This is the relationship between Momo Hinamori and Aizen Sousuke.

Her petite hand shook slightly, pressing the ink covered brush against the scroll. As slowly as she could, making the strokes. Yet, they weren't as smooth as before. The calligraphy continued on and on u till a sudden knock on the door of her headquarters knocked her out her trance. Her head jerked up at the interruption. But relaxed once she heard the voice on the other side.
"Hinamori-kun! Do you want to hang out with us at this new ramen place?" The door was thrown open, revealing a rather bubbly Matsumoto Rangiku wearing the dorkiest smile Momo has seen all day. She smiled slightly looking up at Rangiku, still holding the brush in her hand. Then at the speed of light, her visitor's bubbly smile turned into a frown, and lowered her eyes to look over the smaller girl's frame until her eyes reached her face. Matsumoto's nearly perfect eyebrows furrowed almost immediately. Before Hinamori could blink, a pair of manicured hands quickly grasped the sides of her face, squishing them together. Momo looked into a pair of squinted blue orbs that left her feeling rather embarrassed inside.
"R-rangiku-San?" Mustered out Momo, with her face still squashed. The woman leaned her face closer to the cute face below her's.
"Hinamori-kun, you have unsightly rings under your eyes."
"I do? I'm so sorry that they make you uncomfortable,"
"Momo!"
The small girl was then pulled into a giant bear hug, her face pressed between the crevice of a pair of double 'D' sized breasts. The same manicured hands held her tightly, and at the same time whispering soft words of encouragement. Though it was soothing, Momo has never seen Rangiku so motherly and calm. The only time you get to see that is when she is taking a nap. Even then the things she usually dreams about don't fit in such a category.
Momo found herself not against the woman's body anymore. Instead, more in front of it. Yet the hands were gripping her small shoulders now. Matsumoto then spoke.
"Momo, you haven't been sleeping have you?" The girl with whom she was addressing just nodded in response, lowering her head just ever so slightly. Rangiku sighed. Her expressions softening. "Momo, if you keep thinking about him, what good would it do for you?"
Rangiku had to strain from pulling back when she looked into the girl's large brown eyes. There was no sign of happiness, or even joy. All she saw was a void, an empty, grey abyss that has lost all color. Her dear friend in such a short amount of time became a lifeless, monochrome doll, just because of one man whom she devoted her life to. Just the thought of it nearly brought Rangiku into an outrage. That man, Aizen, former squad 5 captain, will pay for breaking Hinamori! But even within all the rage she wants to unleash, there was also pity, and sadness as well. The truth is, Momo has suffered the most of all of them. After the incident, she still clung to hope that Aizen was good, that he was being manipulated himself. But as the days went by, and the truth seemed all the mor clearer, she seemed more broken, devastated. This little girl, tried to maintain her joyous personality to the public, to give them a sign that she was getting over it. But those close to her know that this is just the beginning. This facade, this mask, was weak, like her mind that couldn't accept the truth no matter how much they tell her. Momo Hinamori, squad 5 lieutenant, is like a beautiful butterfly, attracted to a fake moon she could never reach.

Now back to reality, Rangiku looked into those eyes one more, anticipating the answer she knew would come.
"I have hope that, Aizen-taichou will come back, I am sure of it," she almost bursted out. But when she saw the look on her friend's face, she quietly added,"Rangiku-san, you don't need to worry about me. I'll be fine. Aizen, Aizen-taichou will take me back under his wing." Rangiku said nothing when she stood up and made her way to the door. Before completely exiting, she whipped her head around, her long, golden locks flowing behind her and gave her the same facial expression that she had when she first barged into the barrack. Matsumoto gave Momo a slight wink and smiled.
"Okay, Hinamori-kun. I believe you. If you need any help, call me!" With that she was out, joining a couple of squad members to go hang out for daily nightly drinks. Momo stared after her disappearing form before averting her eyes back to what she was working on. She signed her name at the bottom of the paper and rolled it up. And placing it in a handcrafted container. Hinamori called for a hell butterfly. It came, and when it did, she hesitated, but put on a brave face and gave it her gift.
She watched it fly out her window, flaming it's luminous wings under the full moon, leaving a small trail of sparkling dust as it flew. Hinamori, done for the day, went to her futon and fell deep asleep, dreaming about the day that Aizen will return.

A week later, a man sitting in his throne chair in the castle Los Noches that was within Hueco Mundo, was covering his face with one hand, and the other holding a certain letter, had silent tears streaming down the sides of his face.

____________________________________________________________
Author's note: This is the first one shot I made that is part of this series I will be working on. It turned out longer than I expected but, I'm proud of it. Though Aizen only appeared once, at the end. And most of it was interaction between Momo and Rangiku. I meant their meeting to be short but when it turned out longer and started dragging on, I decided that I need to end it quickly. Thanks for reading.
I do not own Bleach characters. They belong to Tite Kubo.