chapter 3

"I heard that you were telling a story to the children." The sudden voice scares the woman and she quickly turns to see the man in the wheelchair. She smiles down at the towel in her hands and looks up in an innocent way.

"I am." The man looks at her and sees the regret, pain and chaos inside her without even having to pry into her mind. The woman lays down the cloth and grabs her bag.

"The children have been busy discussing what you have already told." He says to her. She abruptly turns to him with a fierce look upon her face.

"I do not have to be sorry for telling my story, a story that not only will learn them history, it will also learn them not to trust your own feelings to quick." The man looks at her and smiles.

"I know," he opens his mouth to say something again but he closes it. "I miss your hair." The woman brings her hand towards her head and her face saddens. She knew that Charles first instinct on seeing her hair was to touch it, yet now the bright colors have faded and she cannot bring her to making it another color then it is from itself.

"I have to work." The woman walks past the man and doesn't look back, just like she had done many years ago.

**

"I have a possible person who can help us." Charles says as he takes a step out of Cerebro. He had searched especially for her, it had taken a while but he knew her to be a mutant so he had to find her and he did.

"Great." Erik replies, already walking towards the car.

"This isn't just any person Erik." Erik turns around to face Charles. "She is special."

"Oh no, not your high school love."

"I was going to say 'strong'." Charles already knew not to reply on the constant teasing of Erik.

"Alright, let's go ask her." Charles nods and they get in the car, on the way to the small farm that was to be burned in the future.

"Now this is something that Charles had shown me a long time ago." The woman sits down on the desk and turn towards her pupils. "This is a small while into the summer holiday and I was busy on the farm."

I turn around at the sudden hello, sometimes I could get scared to easily. I recognize Charles, together with a stranger.