I Felt The Same Way

Two days later, as Kinkfoot and I woke up, a realization hit me. About a quarter moon left until we were off. Stop passing so quickly, I thought, almost as if I was addressing the time.

"C'mon, sleepy Creek, time to get moving. Today we're scouting the borders." Kinkfoot brushed my face with his tail. I groaned and turned over in my best, despite already being awake.

"Tell me why we need to look at the borders?" I didn't want to move, I didn't want to leave the den.... I was so comfy. Of course, he would always make me wake up.

"So we know what to use as ours, Creekclaw. Every territory needs borders, Clan or not. And we're making a Clan, or did you forget?"

I grumbled as I lifted my head. "I didn't forget."

"Then get up," Kinkfoot prompted as he prodded me.

"Must I?" I frowned and twitched my whiskers.

"Yes."

"Fine...." I hauled myself to my paws and pushed out of the den. "Which border first?"

"ThunderClan and twoleg-place are closest, so we'll go there, then the far edge, then go along the far edge of ShadowClan, turn on their marshy border, continue down to the barn past WindClan, turn past RiverClan, then come back here. After that we'll scout the interior borders."

With a nod, I started walking. Being tired, I clumsily tripped on a large rock and caught myself of Kink's shoulder. He grunted slightly under the sudden weight, but bore me until I gathered my paws again.

"Sorry," I mewed apologetically.

"It's alright," he replied, a hint of embarrassment in his voice that he struggled to conceal and probably thought that he had concealed.

Self-conscious, I carefully leaned my head against him, and our shoulders brushed. He allowed me to lean and I could see him fighting the urge to look at me.

I felt the same way.