may 22, 2016

MY LOVE,

Attempt #3. Writing about you is the most natural thing I do, but writing to you is more difficult than you know. I'm going to pretend you won't see this because odds are you won't.

I love you. Nothing can compare to how I feel when you hold my hand or wrap your arms around me. You hold me so tight sometimes I'm scared that I'll melt right into you. I'm happiest when I'm around you. With you, I'm calm. The whirlwinds, crashing waves, and shaking grounds in my head are all silenced the second I see you. I am calm. I am safe. There's almost nothing better than laying my head on your chest to listen to your heartbeat. I like hearing it because sometimes I need help remembering that there is an amazing person who is made of all the same things. Veins, arteries, a heart, a brain, lungs. An amazing person who cares about me with their entire being. It makes me so happy, but at the same time extremely sad. I'm afraid the love you exert on me is a waste.

I don't always believe I am so deserving of you, then you tell me you feel the same about me. Whenever you say things like that, I can barely believe you and all I want is to kiss your face and run my hands through your hair and tell you all the endless things I love about you. I never do, but every time I don't, I almost do.

Sincerely,
The Girl Made Of Love And Disasters