july 4, 2016

MY LOVE,

Once someone like me falls for someone like you, it's all over. I'm too codependent and you're so busy it's like you're soaring above everything and leaving me behind. Your heart is nomadic. I'm hurting and missing you.

       Tonight, I sat on the driveway with my parents, pretending we were still a family and like the house behind me still felt like home. My neighbor was there too, he said I was beautiful and asked how many hearts I'd broken. I said a few and he laughed. The rest of night, my eyes were glued to the fireworks in the sky and I watched the dazzling shows with a smile. I still wish I could be spending the night with you. I want to watch the fireworks with your arms around me and I want to hear you chuckle when I jump at the loud noises. I want to feel your lips brushing my forehead and hear your voice in my ear. I want to feel our fingers intertwined and I want to kiss you under the stars.

Tonight, I didn't walk into my house upset that it didn't feel like home. I fell onto my bed with a smile because I knew my home was where I felt safe, wanted, loved. My home is in your arms. I'm happy for a while until my doubts set in and I know I shouldn't be making a home out of a person because soon I'll be homeless.

Sincerely,
The Girl Who Is Very Homesick