Chapter 6

Your P.O.V.

I woke up to the smell of bacon once more, and I smiled. Bill had blessed me with a break from his dreamscape antics last night. I closed my eyes again and rolled over. First mistake of the day. "Wahh!" I squealed, as I hit the floor. "Ouch!" I whined. "You okay, Sleeping Beauty?" Bill asked. "Shut up, Bill!" I said. "I'm busy bidding the floor good morning!" He didn't say anything. "Why, good morning to you too, floor." I said. "Yes, I slept very well."

"Are you done?" Bill asked. "Yep, help me up." I said, reaching out my hand. Once he pulled me up off the floor, we went down to breakfast. For some reason though, I wasn't in the mood for bacon. "You're not gonna eat?" Bill asked, chewing on his own strip of meat. "Nah, for some reason, I want grass." "I thought you got over eating my lawn for food." He replied.

"Erm... Well, maybe I just... I don't know, I just want to eat grass." I said, shrugging. "You want to go back to the meadow again, don't you?" He asked. Well buck... "... Nyeh? That was what I planned to get up to, but if you just want to skip to the point, I suppose that works too..." "No." He said. "Why not?!" I asked. "Because, I said no."

I pouted. "I just wanna see if anything's changed..." "It hasn't." He said. "Trust me, I checked." "How?" "I know lots of things. That doe you used to be 'friends' with, Flower. Still a stuck up little brat, just grown up. Those guys that conspired to kick your dad out of society. Still in power." "Well... Maybe they won't recognize me!" I said. "You look exactly like you did when you were six, just older!" He said. "...One day, Bill. That's all I'm asking. 24 hours!"

Bill sighed. "You're going to be bothering me about this until I say yes, aren't you?" "Yep." I said. "I'll even make a deal with you." "A deal?" Bill asked. "Anything you want, for 24 hours in the meadow." "... Anything?" He asked. "Anything." I replied. "Hmm... Alright." He said. "I give you 24 hours in the meadow to do God knows what, and in return I'll be able to do anything I want." "Deal." I replied, shaking his flaming hand.

*Timeskip*

I walked out of the cabin wearing a fancy (f/c) shirt. Bill was nowhere to be seen. I had told him that my 24 hours would start tonight, at 9:30 PM, and that I would come back when my time was over. I galloped away through the trees, until I reached the meadow. As I expected, the deer-folk were there, though, it was only the adults. All the fawns would be in their homes, going to sleep by now.

I came out to a less populated spot, and began to graze. The grass tasted just like it did when I was six. Sweet, and lettuce-y. "Well." Said a feminine voice. "It's been awhile, hasn't it, (y/n)?" "Flower Fields?" I asked, looking up at her. "(y/n) Pines. Good to see ya." Flower replied, smiling. "Is it really?" I asked, eyebrow raised, somewhat playfully, somewhat angrily. "Of course it is! Everyone had been asking about you! Where did you go?" She asked.

"Pfft. You guys, worried about me?!" I asked. "Last I remembered, we didn't like each other!" "Eh heh. You remembered that?" Flower asked, her smile falling. "I never forgot." I said, eyes narrowing. "What do you want?" "To ask you this: what the hell you're doing here?" "I just came to see if anything had changed." I said. "It appears it hasn't."

"Sure it has." A masculine voice said. "We all grew up." "Who are you?" I asked him. "Ash, Ash Fields. Who are you?" "(y/n) Pines." I said. "Shouldn't we have known each other when we were kids?" "Nah, I was busy with my guys." He said. "Flower didn't say anything about a doe like you though." "Because there was nothing to mention." Flower said.

"I think there was." Ash said, coming forward. "You never told me your girlfriends were so cute, Flower." I blushed. "We weren't friends." I said, turning around. "If anything we were mortal enemies. Heh, we still are." "Well, anyone would hate you, after all your mom is a gorgon." She said. I turned around, and stomped up to her. "Excusez-moi, but I haven't seen my mom in nine years!" I snapped.