\6\

Kay well that's complete trash and I don't know why I agreed to this but hey, @Lenaknuth it happeeeeeeeened.
A Trophy Father's Trophy Son- I don't understand this, is this how it ends? Why are you running away? Tell me please, tell me please, I need to know.

It was hard to watch, no matter how often he was assured that he was perfectly ok. The fact that he was laying there in pain and Vic couldn't do anything to help, killed him. And if he wasn't in constant pain then he was high as hell off of all the medication the doctors put him on.

For the past few weeks, Kellin has been in the hospital. Vic won't soon forget why, either. He won't ever forget the night when he had to send their little girl up to her room to play as he watched his husband pace around the kitchen, screaming at his phone. He had been having issues at work lately and the couple feared that Kellin might be let go soon. That was their only income at the time, since Vic had to stay home with their daughter until they could find a new sitter for the four year old.

Kellin was beyond frustrated that his boss had called him that evening to ask him to come in over the weekend, even after he already refused because he wanted to spend time with his family which he felt that he had been neglecting. After receiving the threat of possibly losing his job for not coming in, Kellin thought it would be best if he went to the office to sort this out in person. Something about that plan gave Vic a bad feeling that he couldn't quite put his finger on. His husband assured him it would be ok, as the office was only a fifteen minute drive around the block.

No matter how many times Vic has turned out right when he got a feeling like that, he was still shocked when the hospital called saying that Kellin had been in a car crash.

The injuries were pretty serious and Kellin had to be rushed into surgery. It turned out successful and a little less then a week later they let him go home. But after Kellin had been complaining about pain and a sick feeling, Vic wanted to make sure nothing else was wrong. After a close look, the doctors found the big mistake they had made during Kellins surgery. It was a miracle they found it when they did too, if they hadn't, Kellin could've ended up gone the next morning.

Since then they've kept Kellin here as a precaution. They keep telling Vic that there was no longer anything wrong other than what the long healing process would take, but he couldn't help but feel his heart break every time he saw his beautiful husband hooked up to all these wires and tubes looking sickly.

"Papa, is daddy going to die?" Their little girl Copeland pulled Vic away from his thoughts. "What? No. Of course he's not, sweetie, why would you ask that?" He looked down at the four year old who was sitting in his lap, Vic himself in an uncomfortable hospital chair positioned by Kellin's bed.

"Because Jacob from next door said that daddy was going to die and I told him he was wrong and I was right." She said quietly. Vic knew the toll this had taken on her, especially since she didn't quite understand what exactly was going on. But he just had to keep reminding her, and himself, that Kellin was strong. He'd make it out of this okay.

"Papa, how much do you love daddy?"

"Why do you ask that baby girl?"

"Because uncle Tony told Uncle Justin that love is a lot better than medicine. And I love daddy, and you love daddy. Is it enough love to make him better?"

Vic thought about how they really need to start watching what they say around Copeland, she hears everything. And she has way past the normal amount of "uncles".

But then he thought about her questions. "Yeah Copey, I think it's enough. Cause you know what?" He pulled her up farther on his lap and turned her to face him. "I love your daddy very, very much. And I love both of you more than anything. Even mint chocolate ice cream!" He said the last part and his little girl started giggling loudly.

Vic looked up towards his husband to see a pair of ocean blue eyes that he adores so much, staring back at him, a small smile underneath.

Little bit shorter but oh well I really tried on this one so be proud. I'm tired as fuck ;-;