Chapter 3

I stepped out into the sunshine and walked to the car.
"Hey Mabel! I'm so excited." Sara was beaming. How was I so lucky as to get a friend like her?
"Hi Sara. Thanks for inviting me. I can't wait to hang out with you."
Nash was driving. He had already picked up Cameron, Jack J, and Shawn and he was about to go get Jack G. Cameron had stared at me from the moment I got in the car, a disdainful look on his face. What if he recognized me?
"I said scoot over, dumbass!" A booming voice echoed, interrupting my thoughts. I realized it belonged to Nash.
"M-me?" I trembled, as all eyes turned towards me. My eyes darted between the shades of brown and blue.
"Yes you! Jack needs to sit down next to you. God, you're so slow. It's a good thing you're pretty." I looked towards the door, seeing Jack, waiting to enter the car. I quickly scooted over, forgetting to buckle my new seatbelt.
"I am so, so, so sorry. I didn't notice you."
"It's fine. Chill." Jack said looking out the window. We began driving and I watched as we neared the beach. I eagerly got out of the car and grabbed my towel. I spread it out next to Sara's and took of my clothes so I was just wearing my swim suit. I saw a few people staring at my body. Oh god, what if they think I'm fat? Or ugly! Oh no!
"Do you want to go play volleyball?" Sara asked me, looking concerned.
"I think I'll just try to get tan. Have fun!" I say, trying to assure her I am fine. I watch as she runs off with her brothers and their friends. I close my eyes for a few minutes until I hear something drop and feel sand in my face.  I open my eyes and see sunglasses.
"Hey Mabel, can you pass those to me? Or should I say, Mae?" I fearfully look up to see Cameron looking down at me.
"H-how did you know? Don't tell anyone, p-please." I stutter.
"Don't worry, I won't."
"Oh thank you so much!" I sigh in relief.
"Hey, don't get too excited. Your secret may be safe, but that doesn't mean you are." A bolt of fear rushed through me as he uttered those words.