11- Memories.

"Rise and shine. We have a lot to do today." Colton's voice arouses me awake, alongside his hand that is shaking me gently at my waist. "We have to get our outfits for our undercover mission, and we also need to swing by one of my contacts to grab a vehicle."

Taking this all in, I slowly sit up and peer at Colton. He stands beside the bed I am in, shirtless, but somehow serious.

The hotel room Colton had rented for tonight is actually pretty nice. Both beds are queen-sized, and have silky violet blankets. The four walls of the hotel room are covered in beautiful murals, and the huge bathroom is decorated in gold-looking designs.

Colton's chest is stacked with abs, and his arms are covered in muscles, though his biceps are not as big as The Rock's. His skin is a perfect tan color, and at his heart sits a tattoo of an eagle, with its miraculous wings spread across both of his breasts.

"What's the mission?" I ask him before yanking my eyes away from his bare chest and down to the covers that I am wrapped in.

I pull the soft covers away from my skin, and swing my legs off the side of the bed. When I stand up beside Colton, he faces me, and then lets a sly smile creep onto his thick lips.

He says, "We are going to go undercover as a couple."

I blink, and then shake my head when my mind surprises me with an image of my brother's bleeding body. "No."

His eyebrows shoot up, and his mouth becomes ajar. "Excuse me?"

"I don't wanna pretend like I'm your girlfriend." I answer him vaguely, and watch as his eyes become suddenly curious.

"Um... Are you a lesbian or something?" He stares at me in disbelief. "Because any girl would want to be my girlfriend. I mean, just look at me."

He gestures to his chest, but as I look down at it, the image of my brother's frozen one creeps into my mind.

"I'm not a lesbian." I respond in disgust. "I just don't trust you yet. You put your hand down my shirt."

   "Well, it'll just be a cover. It's not like we'll have to kiss or anything." He purses his lips and then playfully makes a kissing sound at me. "But you'd be missing out-"

   "Oh. My. God." I feel my eyes roll as I move around Colton and walk towards the bathroom.

   "What?" He calls to me in an astonished and clueless tone.

    I turn to flash him my best aggravated expression. With my eyes raised and the right side of my mouth lifted in a half-smile, I tell him, "I don't know how your head fits into your shirt every morning."

   I walk into the bathroom, and then I slam the door behind me. I lock it real quick, use the restroom, and then begin to strip. I slide right into the expensive-looking shower. My mind is running on overdrive, my thoughts like speeding horses galloping to win a race.

   Did Colton kill my family? Who was his partner? Would be kill me if he found out I was the one with Chance?

   Toni, you need to be careful. We heard what they were saying and we don't like that you are with one of the two killers we have been chasing.