Chapter 6

Wednesday, October 16, 2002

Kendrick's POV

    *Alarm goes off*

    I groaned and attempted to hit my alarm clock. It took me 5 times, but I eventually got it. I looked at the clock.

    5:00?! I thought. Oh, hell no?! I still had another 3 hours to sleep. As I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep again, someone barged through my door.

    "Kenny, get up!!" I looked up and saw La'quanda and my mom.

    "We're about to start early morning yoga!" La'quanda said.

    "I'm gon' look fooiiiiiiiinnne after this, my nigga!" My momma said.

    "And what does that have to do with me, ma?" I asked, still laying in bed half asleep.

    "You'll feel sooo good after this! I promise!" La'quanda said. She folded her hands in a pleading manner.  "Please?"

    "No!" I said, and with that, I turned my ass around and tried to go back to sleep.

    "Kendrick!" my mom said. She sounded disappointed.

    "Yeah, ma?" I responded, still turned away from them.

    "Look at me, Kendrick!" she said, sternly. I did as she said. "Look, Kenny, I really want to do this. And I am not about to look like a fool by myself!" She walked over to me and grabbed my blanket. "So get yo' ass up!!" she yelled as she pulled the blanket off me. La'quanda just stood there with her hand over her mouth.

    "Okaay!" I yelled. I got up and made my way to the washroom.

    "Thank you, Kenny!" Momma said behind me with a huge smile on her face.

    "Yeah, yeah. Whatever," I said.

    "Thanks, Kenny!" La'quanda said. I ain't reply, though. That b*tch got me in this mess in the first place.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

    When the bell rang for lunch, I went over to my spot. Guess who was there, under my tree. Yup, you already know.

    I stood in front of her. She slowly looked up. "So, I see, you like my spot."

    "Nigga, I don't see your name written on this 'spot.'"

     "Yn, you a trip," I said laughing. I sat down beside her.

    "What's wrong?" she asked.

    "What?"

    "Why you limping?"

    "I was forced to do early morning yoga, today. My whole body hurt like a mug."

    "And who the hell made you do it?" She punched me in the arm. Why? I don't know.

    "Ugh!" I grabbed my arm. "My momma and some b*tch named La'quanda," I said, my voice sort of high pitched.

    Yn looked at me funny. "La'quanda your sister?"

    "Nah, I ain't got a sister."

    "Then, La'quanda who?" She still had that weird look on her face.

    "La'quanda Williston." Yn's jaw dropped. "What?" I asked. "You know her?"

...

...

Yn's POV

    "Ain't she that hoe that 'Marcus' got pregnant?" I asked. I used finger quotation marks around Marcus' name.

    "What's with the quotation marks?" He asked.

    "La'quanda banged his whole crew. She don't even know who the baby's daddy is. She just said it was Marcus' baby because he was the best friend of this nigga, Kenny," I explained. Then, I paused for a moment. Is he...?  "Wait, you that nigga Kenny, aren't you?"

    "Yuup," he said as he took out his notepad and started writing. I took out my lunch and started eating. "So..." he said.

    "Yeah?"

    "I had a dream about you last night," his eyes were glued to his notepad.

    "Really?" I said. "That's weird."

    "Why?" he asked.

    "I had a dream about you, last night." We both sat there for almost 2 minutes in silence, glancing at each other than looking away awkwardly.

    "What was yours about?" he asked. He kinda smiled a little bit as he stared at his notepad and scribbled some things down.

    I started blushing and told him everything that happened. I told him about the strip club and the roller coaster, the picnic and our wedding. That part was sort of hard to get out, I started stuttering a lot. I do that when I get nervous. I also told him about our honeymoon.

    "I gotta admit it, you put in work, my nigga." I was still blushing, but I'm darkish skinned so I don't think he noticed. He laughed really hard. I laughed along with him. After we were done with our laugh fest, I asked him, "What happened in your dream?"

    "Actually, we both had the same dream..." we just stared at each other for another 30 seconds. Then he said, "What do you think that means?"

    It means we like each other. . . I wanted to say it so bad, but I couldn't. I didn't want to look stupid. Especially, not in front of Kendrick. "I don't know..." I said. I turned away and started blushing like a mug. From the corner of my eye, I saw him smile just a tiny bit and look back down at his paper.

    But what if he does like me? What if I do like him? The suspense was killing me. "Kendrick?" I said, quietly.

    "Yeah?" he replied.

    Come on, I thought to myself, just do it! "Do you. . . Do you like me?"

...

...

...

...

Sorry if this part was a little bit boring. I hope you kinda liked it anyways. And shout out to my commenters, I love you guys!! ♥♥