Chapter 3

Tuesday, October 15, 2002

Kendrick's POV

    That b*tch got me all up in my feelings. I couldn't do that sh*t. She was fine and all but I wasn't like that. I wasn't about to kiss some girl I just met. I'm not that type of nigga.

    The bell rang like 10 seconds later. I got all my stuff, stood up and said, "It was nice meeting you. See you around!" I smiled. I kinda felt bad for leaving her hanging like that, but I didn't want to show it. I didn't want to lead her on any further, either.

    She stood up, too, and said, "Yeah, see you around." She looked kind of confused. She started walking away, I couldn't help but stare. That big ass in that sundress, daaaaaaaaaaammmn!! The way she walked had me feeling some type of way.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

    After school, I was walking home when someone yelled, "Hey, Kendrick!"

    I turned around to see Malik (pronounced Muh-leek) and Deshawn. They were chilling on their usual spot beside the corner store.

    I ain't really like them. They were cool and all but I wasn't trying to get myself mixed up in their thug life sh*t. Yeah, I talked to them, but it was an occasional "'Sup, nigga." You know, small talk.

    They crossed the street to come talk to me. "What's good?" I said and dapped them both.

    "Not much, my nigga," Malik said. "How you been? Ain't seen you in a while."

    "I've been staying late after school doing some tutoring and sh*t," I replied.

    "I see you still be keepin' yo' head in them books, huh?" Deshawn said.

    "Yeah, nigga, I try," I said and laughed a little. I didn't wanna hang around them too long, so I said, "I gotta get home, y'all. My momma waitin' on me."

    "Oh, that's cool, nigga. Tell ya mama we say hey," Malik said. I dapped them both, then they went back to their spot and I walked home.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

    Once I got home, I opened the door and headed to my room. "Hey, Momma!" I yelled as I made my way through the house.

    "Hey, Kenny!" she yelled back.

    I went inside my room and put my backpack down beside my computer desk. I ran down the stairs and went through the living room to get to the kitchen. I got myself a bowl of chips and a sprite.

    I got my stuff and made my way back to my room. I stopped in the middle of the living room and almost dropped my food.

    "What the hayel?!" I said without thinking.

...

...

...

Soooo... What y'all think?! Comment some feedback! :)