Nightmare (Dan)

You shot up out of bed, a small scream escaping you. The glowing red analog clock read 2:30 AM. Your mind tried to replay the horror that was your nightmare but you wanted no more of it. You tried to focus on good thoughts in the silence that is the night but as soon as you calmed down, your door opened, your heart beat, and your mind gave into the memories of your nightmare.

   An image of an open door, glowing eyes and sharp teeth flashed before your eyes. You quickly lay back down and turned to your side trying to forget the image and trying to calm yourself. Out of the fear that consumed you, a familiar voice whispered through it. "Y/N? Are you alright?" It was Dan. You lifted yourself from your side to find Daniel standing by your bed.

"Oh Jesus Christ Daniel, you scared the shit out of me."

"I scared the shit out of you? You should have seen me throw my phone halfway across the room when you screamed Y/N." 

  His whispers had undertones with sarcasm, as usual. 3:00 AM talks were nothing new to you guys, in fact they happened quite often.

"Why did you scream?"

"I'd rather forget about it to be honest."

"Well how about we forget about it my way, yea?"

  Your ears were satisfied. This simple sentence meant a silly drop of alcohol of course. You eagerly jump out of bed and walk down to the kitchen with Dan, staying close to feel comfort while trying to avoid the dark corners.

    You sat at the side bar in the kitchen while Dan poured you both a glass of red wine. He came and sat next to you and you both began to talk. You talked about everything from the horrible memories you had of elementary and middle school to the horrifically embarrassing moment you had with a coworker, before you knew it, there was a small haze in the room and you felt a little dizzy, yet still able to make out the words Dan was saying to you, just not able to comprehend them.

   You heard him say something about a dog, at least you think it was a dog. "Y/N,....been wanting.....something to you....Y/N....miss?" You can't make out his words very clearly anymore but you know you heard something...did he say miss? Or he's missing someone? You mean to ask him but as soon as you begin to say something, his hands cup the sides of your cheeks and he leans in. The small amount of pressure on your lips, awakens you and burns a fire in your stomach. You put your hands on his and close your eyes. When the pressure stops, you open them and are immediately pulled into a hug.

    The sun shines through the crack in the window curtains and awakens you. The feeling of pounding in your head and a sudden horrible feeling of nausea washes over you as you begin to move your head around to look for your phone, probably somewhere on the bed. You turn, trying to ignore the pain and to your surprise, there Daniel lays, on the left side of your bed, sound asleep...and naked....as were you. You quickly analyze the situation and tried to remember last night. The most you could remember was the kiss he had planted in the kitchen.

   In order to find answers, you poke his bare shoulder and whisper, "Dan...." No answer, so you shake him a little bit, "Dan...." This time, you nearly shout his name, "Dan!" And his whole body jerks and he is flies off the bed. "OH MY GOD DAN ARE YOU OKAY?!" You shout and quickly realize the image in front of you and turn your head in embarrassment. "Jesus...what the fuck..." You hear him mumbling to himself, and fumbling around. "Y/N, where are my clothes?" He asks.

  Just then you hear Phil in the hall, "Y/N, what was that noise?..." You turn your head to Dan to find he has covered himself with a small throw pillow. "And why are Dan's clothes..in the hall.." Phil's questions fizzled out into the silence of awkwardness and embarrassment as he peeks in through the door. He quickly turns around and slams the door shut. You and Dan both look at each other. The only thing that you could think of to say in that moment was, "At least I forgot my nightmare." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys sorry it took so long. I Haven't been at a computer desk in ages. I hope you enjoyed this, let me know in the comments!! ~LL