Chapter 7 I He's a Friend

The day went smoothly afterwards. With Me working in my dad's cafe, coming back home and watching Netflix till 1 o'clock.

I couldn't get my mind off of Him. That stupid boy with the weird name that made creature fly in my stomach. Seriously, though, don't butterflies have flowers to pollinate or something?

His hair was always ruffled to the right, some of his hair falling on his piercing light blue eyes, which if you looked closer had flecks of green in them. I could get lost in his eyes, and don't even get me started on his dimples- Wait, what am I thinking?!?!

I push my head deeper into my pillow and groan. Someone knocks at my door , 'Triss, you in there?', Adam says.

'Come in.', I sigh loudly and toss around my bed.

'What up?', he asks, sitting down.

'The ceiling', I slowly get up and lean against the headboard. 

'You look tired', he says.

I look at him with a look that says 'You kidding me right?' 

'Yeah, no shit Sherlock.'

'What's wrong?', he gives me a look that screams 'worried',  

'It's Kate. .. She doesn't wanna be friends with me.' Now that I think about it, I sound like a little kid complaining to her momma.

'Well, then that's amazing right?', he smiles widely. But takes it back when I give hime the death glare.

'And then there's this guy,' I rest my head on my hands. 

'Oh boy, who do I have to kill now?', I laughed at that, times like this I really like my brother.

'You don't have to kill anyone, it's just, he's ...I don't even know.'

He sighs loud enough for me to hear and hugs me,' Where did my little honey boo go?', he tries to sound like mom. And lemme tell you this, he nailed it.

I  laughed and let go of him, 'Thanks,bro.', I say.

'Well, I don't get that often.', he stands up and leans against the door frame.

'And I'm pretty sure you're gonna take it back soon enough.', he looks at me with a sheepish smile.

'Adam Jaqhuefine, what did you do?' ,I say in a venomous tone.

'I may have finished your nutella cupcakes.', he says slowly.

'OH NO YOU DIDN'T!', I chase him down the stairs and to the kitchen.

'COME BACK YOU NEANDERTHAL!', I lunge at him and knock him down.

~*~  School

'Kate's still ignoring you?', Luke was walking me to the Chemistry lab.

'Mhm', I was feeling tired as f. I barely got any sleep last night. Blame Netflix and its addicting series.

We stopped at the doorway and hugged. 'See  you at Maths', he winks before walking away.

I go inside and see Jake, a smile plastered to his charming face, talking to a girl behind him.

There was an empty seat beside him and I quickly take it.

'Hey, Jake.', I smile at hime.

'Hey! Alex, right?', 

'It's Theresa, but you can call me Triss.', This was the umpteenth time I told him my name. He forgets every time. But then again it's hot. 

Hell, everything he does is hot. I'd say he's the hottest guy in the school, but I'm not so sure anymore, now that Maven's here.

What the hell,T?  Not now, when you're talking to him! Not ever!

'Triss to Earth', Jake waves at my eyes.

'huh? Oh, uh Sorry.', I chuckle.

'What were you saying?', I asked.

'I said that there's a guy eyeing you from the back', he nods his head to my back and I turn to look at the last person I want to see right now.

The Stupid Boy.

His eyes were boaring into mine, glaring at me. He was biting his lips, his pink, and soft-SNAP OUT  OF IT TRISS! 

'You know him?', Jake's voice brings me out of my messed up thoughts

'Yeah,  uh..he's ...a friend.', I think.