chapter 6.

The headlights of my car space out limited sight of the road in front of me, so I have to squint to see. I check my mirror and see Isabelle is playing with her feet. My eyes focus back to the road and I continue driving.

My eyes start to drop down and I open them again. My eyes dart the roads and I hesitate to keep them open. The sound of screeching tires fill my ears and glass hits my face.

My vision goes black and when my eyes open, I'm hanging inside the car upside down. I take off my seat belt and my head hits the concrete. I groan and look in the back and see that Isabelle isn't back there. I crawl out from under the car and groan again.

"Isabelle!" I yell. I yell over and over, but I can't seem to find her. I blink and I'm in the car driving, feet away from a car, I turn quickly and barley miss the car.  He honks at me and I look back at Isabelle still playing with her feet.

"Daddy has to be careful doesn't he Isabelle?" Her eyes meet mine in the mirror and she smiles. Giggles, then continues to play with her feet.

I shake my head and exit the highway. Once we get in the driveway, I grab the things, Isabelle and open the door to the house.

The bags drop on the floor and I take Isabelle upstairs to my room. I lay her on the bed and take off her overalls and shirt, I grab a blue onsie and put it on her.

I look at her and only see Melanie. Just Melanie. Isabelle smiles and starts to squirm around. She starts to laugh and scream like she's crazy. I open the blinds to the window and she turns around.

She stares out the window and looks out at the stars. I turn the lights to the room off and lay next to her. Her eyes start to drift close and after a while, she falls asleep.

I pick her up slowly and take her over to her room. I check the clock and it reads 4:28 AM. A sigh leaves me lungs and I sit down on my bed. Looking at the picture of Melanie and I.

Tears fill my eyes and I look out at the sky. I shook my head and closed my eyes and went to sleep.

Cats POV

"P-please! Stop!" Kevin hit me relentlessly and waves of pain rushes through my body. He grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the stairs.

"Go make me some damn food!" He yelled in my ear and threw me down the stairs. Once I got to the bottom of the stairs, I got up and limped to the kitchen.

The door slammed shut and I picked up the phone. I dialed Tony's number and cleared my throat.

"T-tony?..... It's Cat. Please come get me...." "Cat? What's wrong? I'm on my way." His voice croaked. Drenched in sleepiness.

Tears ran down my cheeks and the phone line cut off. I slid down to the ground and started crying for what seemed like hours.

There was a knocking at my door and I got up to get it. I opened it and Tony's face was in front of mine. My arms wrapped around his neck and he hugged me.

"What's wrong?" He asked. I closed the front door and let go of him. My lungs felt relived.

"Can I stay with you for a little?"

He nodded and smiled. "Why?"

I shook my head and he lead me to the car. "I'm sorry for making you come so late." I explained. He shook his head and smiled.

"It's no problem." He replied.

Tony's POV

"You can sleep in here." I lead Cat to the downstairs room and opened the door. "Make yourself at home."

She smiled and laid on the bed. "Goodnight Cat. Breakfast is at 8." I giggled. "Goodnight Tony."

Isabelle laid in her crib sleeping. I kissed her cheek, "goodnight my toots." I whispered. My eyes closed and I drifted to sleep.