Chapter 33.

|Tony|

"I promise." He walks back into the room and hours pass. Hours pass that I don't see my little girl. My doubt gets the best of me and it hurts. Imagining my life with Isabelle in it. 

Then the question hits me. Who did it? I clench my fist and jaw. The says 5:27AM, but it feels like it's two in the afternoon. The door opens and the doctor comes out. Behind him, are a groups of nurses pushing a stretcher. 

Isabelle.

"Baby?" I cry and run towards her. Her eyes aren't open. "Isabelle? Baby?" I grab her hand, not wanting to let go. "Mr. Perry. She's going to her room.." One of the nurses called.

I let go and watched them leave with her. I sat again. Down in this uncomfortable chair. For the past seven hours it's been my best friend. For the next couple of months it's going to be my favorite thing in the world.

Because sitting in this red chair means I'll see Isabelle. My eyes slowly close and when they open again, it's a different time. "Isabelle is awake. If you want to see her Mr. Perry." I hear a familiar voice say.

I open my eyes and see Eduardo in a hospital gown. Holding on to the pole, he smiles and his eyes are full of pain. I get up and help him back to the room and as he sits, I see Isabelle laying in the hospital bed.

She tilts her head and sees me. Tears build up in both of our eyes. I walk over to her and she cries. For the first time since Melanie died, I cried, too.

"I'm so sorry baby." I cried. I stroked the side of her face and wiped the tears from her eyes. "What happen baby?" I asked.

"She can't talk." Eduardo explained. I look at the gauze on her throat and it hurts me to see her in pain.

"We know who did it sir. I just don't know his name or who he is. Only Isabelle knows." He added. I looked at her and she tried to move.

"Calm down. Who is it.?" I grabbed her hand and put one finger on my hand. "Spell it out." I whispered. She looked at my hand and nodded.

"T-Y-L-E-R" she spelled. I clenched my fist. "Tyler did this?" I asked. Before Isabelle could nod the doctor walks in. "Mr. Perry?" He asks.

I get up and wipe the tears from my eyes. "Yes?" I ask. He motions me to come outside and I follow.  "We have bad news and good news."

"What's the bad news?" I ask. He sighs and looks down and then up at me again. "Isabelle will be here for a while. She will need constant care and supervision. Good news is... The procedure went well. We got the bullet that pierced her throat. Now promise me that you'll thank that boy in there."

"He literally saved your daughters life."