Chapter 2 ~ Decision Time

Toriel's POV:

I hear a loud knock at the front door. It was Asgore, and he was looking a little nervous. I greet him politely before bringing him inside for some coffee. Sans fell asleep on the dining table, which I found very adorable. I sit down next to him while Asgore sits opposite me and looks into my eyes. He began to speak softly and slowly.

"Um... So Tori. I know we have been friends for a... Long time." Asgore said, hesitating a bit. I only then realised that Sans started to lean on me in his sleep, which caused me to giggle. I looked back at Asgore and smiled softly. "Yes, I am aware of that. What point are you trying to get to exactly?" I questioned, each word milking nerves into Asgore's bloodstream. He placed his muscly hand on my paw and tapped his fingers on the oaken table. "So I was wondering...". He looked away. "Would you perhaps be interested in taking our friendship a bit further again?". I looked at Asgore's nervous face. "My, my Asgore. I know that I could forgive the lovely buffoon that you are." I said. "But I will need some time to decide first. I have a lot on my mind.". Asgore squeezed my hand tightly.

"Of course, my queen.". I laughed quietly. I remember when I used to fall for Asgore's amazing pickup lines. He politely excused himself out of the house and into his red vehicle. It was only then that I heard a loud moan from the dining hall. "Ah gee, did I fall asleep again?" Sans mumbled in his morning voice. "I'm afraid you did." I whispered into where his ear should be while handing him a mug of coffee.