Chapter Twenty One

SIX MONTHS LATER...

Mr. Aggarwal's condition was getting worse day by day. All those painful therapies , which he was going through wasn't helping him much . He was neither able to concentrate on his work nor he was able to meet the deadlines of his projects on time. He had been cancelling important meetings for his treatment and doctor's appointment, due to which many of his investors were backing off and he suffered huge loss  . His family too was getting suspicious as he used to come home late and make excuses all the time.

One Sunday morning , while he was sitting in his study , frowning over the accounts and making a calculation of the payments which were due to the investors and share holders of Aggarwal Automobiles , his phone started ringing . As he looked at the screen , he saw an unknown number flashing .

He was hesitant to pick it up  thinking it might be one of his clients asking for the refund of the amount which they had paid as advance. Fresh drops of cold sweat was beading on his forehead. He swiped the screen with shaky hands and answered the call ..

"H .. Hello .. ", he spoke with a wobble in his tone.

"Hello... Namastey uncle ji. Main Sameer Bol raha hoon"

"Arey Sameer Beta aap... Namastey .. Kaise ho aap ??? How's everyone in Bikaner??"

"Ji uncle ji.. Sab theek hai.. Woh actually Main Kisi kaam se Hyderabad aaya hua hoon toh sonch raha tha kyon na aap sab se milne aajaon.."

"Arey beta yeh bhi koi poochne wali baat hai.. Yeh aapka hi ghar hai.. Aap iss ghar ke hone wale damad hai . Aap jab chaho humse milne aa sakte Ho.. .. Waise , Agar aap free Ho toh .. Aaj ka lunch aap humare saath hi karna. Humey bohot Khushi hogi.."

"Ji Uncle ji ... Zaroor. Actually meri 12' baje Kisi ke saath ek unofficial meeting hai. Jaise hi Main free hota hoon , main aajaon ga. "

"Okay Beta.. We'll wait for you , Bye.."

He disconnected the call and walked out of the study to inform Anju and Sanyukta about it. The moment Anju heard the news of Sameer coming for lunch, she engrossed herself in the kitchen and started preparing a variety of dishes for her would be son-in-law.

Soon it was Noon , and the kitchen of Aggarwal Villa was filled with delicious aromas of various dishes like, Butter Paneer, Gajar ka Halwa, Malai kofta, Mutter pulav, Daal Makhani etc. Sanyukta was asked to get ready while the whole house was busy in making the arrangements.

Sameer arrived within an hour and was warmly welcomed by Mr and Mrs Aggarwal. He took their blessings and headed towards the living room with Kishore while Anju made her way towards the kitchen to reheat the food and set the table for lunch.

"Sanyukta Kahin Nazar nahi aarahi..", he muttered glancing around the house.

"Woh apne room mein ready Ho rahi hai, bas aati hi hogi..", Kishore replied and smiled at him.

Meanwhile Sanyukta was called  downstairs to meet Sameer and was made to sit on the same sofa beside him at a distance. Just then Kishore got a call on his mobile and he excused himself to take it as he didn't want anyone to listen to the conversation with his investors or witness his tensed expressions.

As soon as Kishore left , Sameer turned towards Sanyukta and cleared his throat to draw her attention .
"Waise ek baat bataon..", and paused for a while. "Aap is dress mein bohot hot  lag rahi hain.. Mann  kar raha hai.. Aapse Abhi isi waqt shaadi kar loon", he chipped shamelessly , gawking at her from top to bottom ,making her feel extremely uncomfortable and disgusted at the same time. She felt a sudden urge to slap him right then and there but  somehow she managed to control herself for the sake of her dad.

"Waisey, How about we go on a date ???" , he chipped smirking at her , but thankfully much to her relief  , Kishore had returned back to the living room after answering the call. She made a quick exit excusing herself  and strode her way towards the kitchen to help her mom set the table.

"Aur bataiye damad ji , aapka business kaisa chal raha hai aur yahan kaise aana hua??"

"Business  theek chal raha hai uncle ji .. Bas usi ke chakkar mein yahan Hyderabad aaya hoon", Sameer paused for a while and then spoke,
"Woh actually , Uncle ji mujhe aapse kuch baat karni thi.."

"Haan .. Bolo beta Kya baat hai."

"Uncle woh mein yahan Hyderabad mein Apna khudka ek tyre manufacturing unit set up Karna chahta hoon . "

"Arey Yeh toh bohot acchi baat hai ... Meine bhi aise hi shuru kiya that apna Chota sa business.. Aaj dekho kitna upar aa gaya... ", Kishore chipped happily thinking now their daughter would be staying with them in the same city even after marriage.

" well.. actually Uncle ... Baat yeh hai ki - Dad nahi chahte ki mein yahan Hyderabad mein settle karoon.. Woh chahtey hain ki mein Bikaner wali factory ko sambhaloon jo mere Daadu sa ne set up ki thi...jis mein humare saare family members ka share hai. Aur isi liye Woh mujhey  support nahi kar rahe..
Infact , isi chakkar mein Abhi kuch der pehle ,  Main apne ek friend se bhi milne Gaya tha , par usne bhi invest karne se mana kar diya.. So Maine soncha ki kyon na aapse help maangloon ... ", he then composed himself and chipped ,"Mera Maltab hai ki .. Aap itne saalon Se Yahan Hyderabad mein settled hain aur kaafi successful bhi hain. So... .. I mean..... Shayad aap mere liye Kisi ko dhoond sake jo mujhey finance karey ya loan delakar help kar Sakey???

"Well Beta.. Aapka idea toh bohot acha hai , yahan Hyderabad mein Tyre Manufacturers ki kaafi demand hai. Mera bas chale to mein hi aapki help kar deta, but all my capital is invested in my business right now . I'll see if I can get you a loan or find a suitable investor for you..", Kishore replied and covered his embarrassment with a fake smile. How would
he help him when he himself is in debts since past few months . What if Sameer gets to know about his losses and financial status in the market. How will he deal with this embarrassment when Sanyukta 's would-be in laws would come to know about it???

"Thank you Uncle... Mujhey pata tha aap meri help jaroor karenge aur Aap mujhey kabhi disappoint hone nahi denge.."

Few minutes later , all four of them were settled on the dining table and Anju was serving her delicacies to Sameer.
"Arey bas bas Aunty ji, mein aur nahi Kha Sakta .  But, I must say , aapne khana  bohot tasty banaya hai. ", Sameer chipped appreciatively .

"Thank you Beta", Anju smiled at his compliment.

"Waise.. Aapne Sanyukta ko bhi kuch sikhaya hai ya bas aise hi....", both Kishore and Anju were surprised and a bit taken back by his statement.

"Aisa kuch nai hai beta.. Sanyukta toh mujhse bhi accha khana bana leti hai...", Anju replied.

"Arey Aunty , aap toh serious hogayi mein toh mazak karraha tha....", he chuckled while both Kishore and Anju Sighed .

"Waise Agar aap dono ki permission Ho toh - Kya mein Sanyukta ko Apne saath ghoome le ja sakta hoon????"

****************************************************************************************
Hey everyone ,
I know you all were very eager to know Randhir's answer but you will have to wait for that.... Lol... I know you all are ready to hit me with rotten eggs and tomatoes . SOME OF YOU are even ready with their guns to MURDER ME 😉😉....
So I better  sign off and run away..
Thank you guys . Love you all.
See you after EID..

Farah..