⇲ Chapter One

THE SOUND OF A WHISTLING TEA KETTLE WAS IGNORED AS A GREAT ADVENTURE WAS LAID OUT IN FRONT OF ZAKARI OLLIVANDER IN THE FORM OF TEXT

THE SOUND OF A WHISTLING TEA KETTLE WAS IGNORED AS A GREAT ADVENTURE WAS LAID OUT IN FRONT OF ZAKARI OLLIVANDER IN THE FORM OF TEXT. The adventure of a young sleuth tracking down his father's killer was far more important than the cereal that grew soggier with every passing second. Zakari was lost in the tale, travelling alongside his favourite character to solve the mystery. A silver spoon in hand as it hovered over his bowl for the last minute as he attempted to finish the chapter before his mother returned from her shower. Normally, she tried to get him to read less at the table while he was eating as he tended to make quite the mess.

However, he wasn't aware of the loud whistling sound behind him that signalled for Liz to venture out from the back of the home. Her hair was still quite damp as it clung to the sides of her face as she walked forward with her wand to remove the kettle from the stove. Yet as she reached the end of the hall, she could see Zakari seated at the table, his mouth open as if he was anticipating the cereal to directly feed itself into his mouth. She waited for a few moments, crossing her hands over her chest as she stood in her bathrobe. But Zakari obviously wasn't aware of her presence as he continued to gawk at the book scene he was on.

With the tea kettle removed from the stove eye, it was on, Liz waited a few seconds more before she drew her wand to let her presence be known.

As Zakari's eyes were trailing down to the end of the page, a confrontation on the horizon for the main character, the spoon in his hand suddenly began moving and scooped the soggy flakes of bran from the bath of milk before aiming right for his mouth. The texture of the flakes caused him to gag as they slithered down his throat, bringing him to drop his book to the table and stand up from his chair as he pushed it back.

He looked mortified or rather betrayed by his spoon until he caught sight of movement and saw his mother watching him from the hall. Her hand was over her mouth, trying to hide the fact that she was laughing and in her other hand, he could see the wand. Putting two and two together, Zakari could establish that his mother was behind the possessed spoon and after a couple of seconds, he broke into a smile as well.

Placing her wand down on the kitchen table, she turned to face him so that he could watch her lips move as she spoke.

"I told you to eat quickly," she said to him, giving him a look as Zakari blushed. "You can always read the book when you are done."

His mother was an avid reader, why couldn't she understand that Zakari couldn't possibly wait until after he finished his breakfast to finish the book. It was that important. But then again, that wasn't the first bowl of cereal to go to waste. Freeing up his own hands to respond, Zakari made a face in her direction.

"The book is too good!"

"Unlike your cereal," Liz countered, eyeing the bowl.

She definitely had him there and in triumph, she started to laugh again, leaving Zakari to sigh lightly. However, he wasn't going to be completely punished, as she promised him that she was going to make him something else. Curious as to what she was going to make, Zakari watched closely until he saw the eggs start to crack themselves over a pan, much to his delight.