Steve Rogers' Birthday

Warnings: None

Word Count: 1825

Warm light spread out like glowing, orange wings across the room, dulled slightly by the thin curtains. Blond, messy bed-hair glowed like fire in the morning light, while the brunettes' hair stayed dark and mousse-like in colour and texture, hidden in the shade, not yet touched by the warm glow.

The blond shifted as the heat burned into the side of his face, feeling like someone was holding a flame up to his skin and turned in the other man's arms, hiding his face in the crook of the brunettes warm neck.

A low groan came from the latter, his eyes squeezing tightly shut before slowly opening them. He looked down upon the sleeping form of Steve Rogers beneath him; his honey-gold hair tickling his chin.

"Mornin' birthday boy." Bucky murmured, knowing the other was awake.

A soft rumble purred through Steve's chest in reply and he shifted again into a stretch accompanied by a yawn, his long limbs brushing against Bucky's. Warm skin on warm skin.

He rubbed his eyes and propped himself up on his right elbow, his face and hair outlined by the morning glow, the white covers turned to a sea of orange as he leaned down to press his lips to Bucky's.

Bucky smiled from under him and as Steve pulled away and started to get up. Bucky firmly pressed his hand into the blond's chest covered by a white T-shirt that had ridden up over his stomach, and pushed him back down onto the bed with a thump.

"Wha-" Steve started, his voice thick with sleep, only to be cut off by Bucky shaking his head.

"Nuh-uh. Birthday boy remember, which means breakfast in bed. So stay on your ass while I make you breakfast. Okay?" Bucky said, the last bit more of a command rather than a question.

"Okay." Steve grinned and let his head fall back against the soft pillows before reaching up and stroking his thumb against Bucky's cheekbone.

Bucky pressed his lips into Steve's wrist before pushing himself off the bed and making his way to the door, turning into a half-silohette as he blocked the slightly faded, golden light as he crossed past the window.

"I'll be back in a minute sweetheart." Bucky threw over his shoulder as he reached the doorway, his lighthearted words, making Steve's lips stretch up into a smile.

Steve let his eyes flutter close and draped his arm across them to shield them from the light, a sigh escaping his lips as he did, letting the sleep close around him as he merged into darkness.

------------

"Hey, baby, wake up. Steve. Steve." Bucky said softly and shook Steve slightly to bring him out of his dreaming, the strong smell of chocolate chip pancakes in the air.

"Mmmm..." The blond groaned as he, for the second time, stretched out and proceeded to sit up. A giant tray of pancakes and waffles lay at the foot of the bed, squishing the covers with it's mass.

"Bucky-" Steve started, lost for words, "- you... did you make all this?"

"Uh-huh." Bucky replied, grinning from ear to ear as he sat down next to Steve and leant against the headboard.

"But you cant even cook pasta!" Steve said, tiredness not helping his utter bemusement.

"Are you gonna eat or are you gonna insult my cooking skills some more - it will get cold." Bucky said, pulling the tray up and placing it in between them.

"Sorry, yeah Buck. Its amazing. Thank you, baby." Steve said and turned to press his lips to Bucky's temple.

They both managed to finish the giant stack of waffles and pancakes with cream and syrup without exploding and proceeded to slump down against the headboard, Bucky's arm around Steve, the latter's head on Bucky's shoulder.