Chapter: 1-2

The Begining.

It had been a stressful few days for both Cheryl and Kimberley having been climbing Mount Kilimanjaro for the past few days. It was cold, Cheryl was being sick, Kimberley wasn't feeling all that great. Everything was getting to them. Cheryl's stress levels rised when she found out about her husbands, Ashley's, arrest. Kimberley was there for her of course, along with all the other celebrities tackling against the rough weather and harsh hills with her.

It was the day before they were heading for the summit, the top of the mountain, the whole point of the climb. Of course they were climbing the mountain for Comic Relief to help hundreds of families in need, now all that was on their minds was reaching their goal. A good night sleep was needed first before heading off at 2am.

Chapter One.

"Babe I don't know what I'm going to do" said Cheryl as she lay there looking up at the roof of her tent. Most of their nights had been like this since Cheryl found out about Ashley. Alesha was always fast at falling asleep but for Cheryl and Kimberley it was just wide awake silence. Even after the most harsh, demanding and tiring days they've ever gone through, they still couldn't get to sleep with so much on their minds. They both knew eachother was awake but were both lost for words not knowing what to say to make the other feel a little better about their current situation.

"Getting arrested is pretty bad but he was let out not long after, he just got a little drunk. Wasn't as if he killed anyone" replied Kimberley after some time of silence. She was thinking of what to say but it still didn't come out right at all, she thought maybe it was because she had mixed emotions about the matter. She knew all that was going through Cheryl's head but she just wanted to try and reassure her, though she knew she was failing.

"But that's it, isn't it?" asked Cheryl, though she didn't want Kimberley to answer because Cheryl was going to do it herself. Her eyes were still glued to the roof of the tent. "I told him not to do it. I told him not to go out and get drunk. Would he have even told me if he didn't get arrested? If he didn't get caught? God knows what he's done, Kimberley. I'm here doing this for a good cause and all he can do is go out and be a great support for me. I'm so many miles away with no way of getting back in a hurry, he could be getting up to anything and I wont know anything about it. He doesn't have me to nag him." It was evident to Kimberley that Cheryl was trying her best not to cry so she stretched out her arm to hold Cheryl's hand and held on tightly in a way to tell her it will be ok and to also tell her she'd never let her down. Kimberley kept trying to reassure the younger girl on her troubled marriage but it wasn't working again - Kimberley's reassurence and Cheryl's marriage.

"What if he's..." started Cheryl before she couldn't continue as she started to sob quietly and held onto Kimberley's hand tighter than before.

"Come here babe" said Kimberley, letting go of Cheryl's hand. Cheryl crawled and squeezed into Kimberley's sleeping bag. Cheryl was now facing the side of the tent with Kimberley's arms wrapped around her waist and Kimberley's chin resting on Cheryl's shoulder.

"You're freezing" said Kimberley, pointing out the obvious as it was getting colder by the hour up the mountain. Kimberley snuggled closer to Cheryl if that was even possible while Cheryl had her arms on Kimberley's arms which were still comfortably around her waist.

"I'm better now" said Cheryl truthfully. Kimberley was still not convinved, she may have been better but not the best she could be.

"Maybe it's best to take a little break, do you agree?" Kimberley was just trying to think what was best for Cheryl but she knew only Cheryl knew what was for the best, even though she didn't know what it was yet.