Chapter: 3-5

Chapter Three.

Everyone was down from the mountain and back from Africa, back in all their homes with their families apart from Cheryl, who was at Kimberley's. But to Cheryl, Kimberley was her family. Cheryl had ignored and taken many calls from Ashley and she was getting annoyed now.

"Look Ashley, stop calling me ok?" said Cheryl in the phone to Ashley once again.

"Please just listen" came Ashley's reply.

"I've heard it before ok. It's getting me more angry. I will talk to you when I'm ready ok?" said Cheryl, relieved she hadn't started crying again.

"Please just let..." started Ashley

"No. Now is not the time. Bye Ashley" said Cheryl and hung up the phone. She put the phone down on the side and looked up to see Kimberley looking at her sympathetically.

"It's ok now. I dont think he's going to call again for a while. We just need to get through this Comic Relief show tomorrow" Cheryl said and saw the questioning look in Kimberley's eyes wondering why Cheryl reffered to going on the Comic Relief show as something she didn't want to go because Cheryl had been looking forward to it for ages. Kimberley got her answer a few seconds later. "Ashley's going to be on it" and with that, Cheryl stood up and went to get herself some coffee.

"Left me do that" said Kimberley as she took the coffee from Cheryl's hands and made her the drink herself. "It will be ok you know, they wont let him come anywhere near you if you tell them you don't want him too" said Kimberley, watching Cheryl stare down in her cup. "Plus I'll be there for you" Kimberley finished with a smile. Cheryl looked up and smiled too then took a sip of her drink. Kimberley was startled as Cheryl started to choke through the silence. "Are you ok?" asked Kimberley as she went to sit by Cheryl. Cheryl laughed and felt embarrassed.

"Hot" was Cheryl's reply.

Kimberley and Cheryl were in Kimberley's house alone as Kimberley and Justin decided to have a break from eachother for a while with everything going on was getting to them a bit. Kimberley was on Cheryl's side of course but Justin was supporting his new best mate, Ashley. It was getting quite dark outside so Kimberley shut the curtains and switched on the TV then saw Cheryl standing at the doorway from the hall to the living room with a towel wrapped round her and her hair also wrapped in a towel.

"You look cosy" laughed Kimberley "That was quick"

"Quick? I was ages" giggled Cheryl as she started to walk over to the same sofa Kimberley was sat on. She got herself comfy with her little tiger slippers on and her legs stretched out with her feet on the coffee table.

"Do you want something to drink?" asked Kimberley in the break of an uninteresting programme.

"Please. Orange will do thanks" replied Cheryl as she let out a deep sigh. Kimberley got up and kissed Cheryl on the forehead then got her a drink.

"I'm so sorry" said Cheryl as Kimberley turned off the TV, they had just agreed to go to bed but Cheryl had something on her mind. Kimberley straightend up and walked back over to Cheryl.

"What are you talking about?" Kimberley asked, smiling reassuringly to Cheryl.

"You having to pretend to be my mother. I've been nothing but a downer since I've been here... and about you and Justin. I'm so sorry" said Cheryl as a tear ran down her face. She felt genuinely bad for being there, with Kimberley having to take care of her and being the reason why Kimberley isn't home alone and happy with her boyfriend.

"Don't be silly babe" Kimberley said as she put her arm around Cheryl, pulling her closer. "First of all, I happen to quite like taking care of you, it makes me happy making you happy. And second... Justin is just being silly. Cheryl you're the most important person in my life, more important than Justin, you are my best friend and I'd do anything for you. If Justin can't accept that I'd rather be on your side than your cheating little husbands than thats his fault... and his loss." Kimberley stopped and swallowed loudly when she replayed in her mind what she just said. "I'm sorry Cheryl, I..." Kimberley was cut off.