The Cover-up

This chapter is dedicated to Sophia_lovesYou for being the first ever to comment!!! Thank you! Now to see what happens...
~~
I looked at her lips for a split second. Then back at her eyes. I noticed that she looked down at my lips. I leaned in, holding her face in my hands and-
To be continued...
~~
*Emma's POV*
I saw Caden look at my lips and I knew what he was thinking. So, I looked at his, letting him know I was thinking the same thing. He held the side of my face and was leaning in. Oh boy! Is this it? Is this my first kiss?! He is getting closer! I started leaning in. We were about an inch away when....
*Caden's POV*
Man she is pretty. No. Not pretty. Beautiful. I knew that I wanted her to be my first kiss. Here I go. I leaned in holding her face with my hand. I noticed she started leaning in and I was ready. We were about an inch away when...
*Stephanie's POV*
I was upstairs and I saw out the window that Em was walking up the sidewalk to our driveway. I saw two of the boys keep walking to their houses I assumed. Well since they were approaching I walked down the stairs to open the door for them.
*Emma's POV*
~~
We were about an inch away when....
~~
The door opened. Caden quickly shifted from our position to a hug. Smart. I hope my mom didn't notice. Man what if she did? Ugh life is terrible to me. His embrace made me feel...safe and protected. What am I saying! I just met him today!!! Ugh I am so... In to him. What. Am. I. Thinking?! Am I going crazy!? Who would have known that someone could make me feel this way. "Hey sweetie" my mom interrupted my thoughts. "Oh! Uh... Heeeeeyyy mom"
"Did you guys have fun?" She asked. "Yeah" Caden answered for the both of us. I just nodded my head in agreement. "It was a beautiful nature scene" I told my mom. "That's great. Caden, do you need a ride home?" My mom asked. "Er... no thank you. I actually live right there." He pointed to the house directly next door to mine. My mouth dropped open but just as quick went back. "Alright then. Em, come on inside. It's getting cold outside." My mom said. "Okay. Bye Caden. I had a really nice time today." I told Caden. "Bye Emma. Me too" and with that he started walking to his house. I walked into the house. What a day! I sighed to myself.
*Stephanie's POV*
When I opened the door I couldn't believe what I saw. Then as quick as I saw it, Caden switched to a hugging position. Aww. I ruined my daughters first kiss! With such a nice boy too. Yeah, they just met today, but I could tell that he was a good guy. Dang. Well I'll just pretend like I didn't notice. "Hey sweetie" I said pretending I saw nothing.
Skip ahead to after Emma walked into the house.
*Emma's POV*
Ugh. Good she didn't notice. Phew. "Alright I want you to go unpack for an hour then head to bed. Tomorrow we have to get up early. I have a surprise for you." My mom said. "Okay I'll just do my rounds right now then." I walked up to her and kissed her on her cheek. "Love you, goodnight mom" as I was running up the stairs she replied with "love you goodnight sweetie" Unpacking is boooooooooorrrrrring. Well I better get started.
Surprise!!! They didn't get to kiss after all. Boo! Well let's see what Emma does next chapter. And what does Caden think about what happened?
Luv ya😘😘😘😘😘
Xoxoxoxo-Jazzy