Chapter VII

THREE WEEKS LATER

- Mecca

Kenya and I were at my crib chillin. She was on one couch and I was on the other.
"Why you way over there?" I asked.
"Why aren't you over here?" she said looking over at me. I stood up, went over to where she was, and sat down next to her. She bent down and reached in her bag. She pulled out a pack of swisher sweets and some dank. Then when tossed it in my lap.
"Roll up lil nigga." she said.
"Excuse me." I said laughing.
"I said, 'roll up lil nigga'."
"Go get my grinder? It's in my room on the dresser."
"Okay, which room is yours?"
"Down the hall to the right."
She got up and left the room. I opened the swishers and proceeded to break them down. Kenya reappeared in no time with a grinder I ordered from the happy camper profile on Twitter. I placed the weed in the grinder and began grinding it down.
"Where you get this from? I thought I told you to let me know when you needed it."
"You did, but I didn't think you were being serious." she said looking at the tv.
"I was dead serious. And always will be when it comes to you."
She just looked at me with wide eyes.
"Mecca listen, I love chillin with you. You're an amazing guy. But I'm in a fucked up spot right now." she said, hanging her head low. I placed my finger under her chin, forcing her to look at me.
"I don't care bout that other nigga. Kass told me, and don't be mad at her either. She told me everything. I'm feeling you, and we can take this as slow as you want. There's no pressure from me ma. This is going on your terms. I just wanna real one on my team. And that's you, beautiful."
"I got a lot of baggage though. Are you ready to deal with that?"
"If it's for you, of course I am. And I know it's only been a few weeks, but it's something about you shorty." I kissed her cheek. Then I kissed her jawline, and finally her lips. I pulled away and stared into her eyes. A slight grin formed on her lips. "I see you ma." I kissed her cheek again, then proceeded to roll the dope.

- Zarion

"I don't need you Zae! If you wanna leave, leave. Ain't nobody gonna beg you to stay around, nigga!" Inari yelled.
"Who said anything about leaving you? Better watch yo fucking mouth! Cause trust me, imma be straight without you. I can have any bitch I want, and you know that. So keep pushin it. Imma hurt yo fuckin feelings. Stop playin with me." I said getting in her face. I know I shouldn't even be trippin, but she stay coming with the bullshit.
"And you don't think I got niggas! Don't get it twisted, you know half the block on me, so shut that up." she flicked her hand. "You ain't gone do shit but run to that bitch Kenya, and trust me, I'm not worried about her."
"Keep her out of this. She ain't got shit to do with this, so stop."
"Now you defending the bitch." she said rolling her eyes to the ceiling. I put my hands on each of her arms and slammed her into the wall.
"Watch what you say about her around me Nari. I'm not joking."
"Let me go." she said trying to get out of my grasp.
"Stop disrespecting her then. Do you hear me?"
She just looked at me. So I shook her and repeated myself.
"I said, 'do you hear me?'."
"Yes, Zae, damn. Let me go." she said.
I let her go and turned around. "I love you, I gotta go." I said leaving her room. I made my way to my truck and pulled out my phone. I dialed Kenya's number. Straight to voicemail. I tried it again, and got the same results. I pulled out of Inari's neighborhood and decided to pop up on Ken, but she wasn't there. It's been a few weeks since we last talked and I needed to see her. I called her friend Nyssa.
"Hello?" she said.
"Where's Kenya?"
"On your mind." she laughed. "Why you wanna know? She is not your girl. And I'm pretty sure she wouldn't appreciate you stalkin her."
"Ain't nobody stalking her, just tell her I said to get at me."
I hung up before she could respond. I left Kenya's house, headed to mine. This has been one fucked up day.

- Kenya

I was sitting on the couch next to Mecca, who was slowly falling asleep. His head rested on my shoulder. I pulled out my phone, opened the snapchat app, and began recording him.
"When the dope puts you to sleep." I said. He eyes shot open and he began laughing.
"Chill out." he tried grabbing my phone. The recording had stopped and I posted it to my story. I couldn't stop laughing. I doubled over to the floor and clenched my stomach, I was laughing so hard, I was crying.
"The way your eyes shot open, that shit was.." she lost her breath, and coughed and little bit. She sat up and slowed down her breathing, and tried to contain her laughs. "That shit was funny." she said giggling. She got back up onto the couch, and I just stared at her.
"You goofy as fuck. You know that right?" I said with a serious face. Then I laughed a little.
"Or so I've been told." she said rolling her eyes to the ceiling. Then she giggled.
"Come here." I said pulling her waist, making us sit face to face. She rested her hands on my shoulders, eventually wrapping them around my neck. I stared into her eyes, as if soul searching. She held her stare for about three seconds before shying away, hanging her head down.
"Look at me." I said.
She picked her head up, her eyes meeting mine once more. I put my hands on her face, pulled her to me, and kissed her. As I kissed her, I let my fingers trail up and down the back of her tee shirt. She pulled away from me, lifted her tee shirt over her head, then continued to kiss me. My hands developed a mind of their own and reached down to cup her butt as she began grinding in my lap. She lifted my shirt over my head and let her hands roam freely on my chest and abs. As my soldier began to grow, I heard her moan lightly.
"We gotta stop." I said, grabbing her face.
"Why?" she whined.
"Because you're not thinking clearly right now. You're high, I'm high, and I don't want you to regret this in the morning." I could see the hurt in her eyes, but she reluctantly slid off of my lap and looked at me.
"You're right. I'm sorry." she whispered.
"Don't be sorry kid. You good, ma." I said rubbing her cheek. I picked up our shirts from the carpet and handed hers to her.
"Stay right here." I said getting up and walking towards my room. I walked into my room and went straight into the walk-in closet. Once inside, I went to were my coats and vests were held. I slid them back revealing a huge vault built into the wall. I punched in the code, turned the tumbler, opened the door. Then, I was staring at 15 kilos of Cali's purest cocaine, 6 pounds of Rocky Mountain Kush, 12 ounces of M39 and 355000 dollars. I walked over to both types of weed and began weighing shit up. I ended up taking out a pound of the kush and an ounce of the M39. I wrapped it in the cellophane that was in the corner of the vault. I exited the vault, shut it, then walked over to where my gym bags were stacked and hanging. I grabbed a simple black Nike bag and shoved the product inside. I left the closet and made my way back to the living room. Kenya had fell asleep, so I creeped up on her and slid down next to her on the couch, wrapping my arms around her.
"Sweet dreams Princess." I kissed her neck and eventually drifted off to sleep.

- Kassie

"So tell me again what happened to your car?" I asked Dre while driving down I-10. I picked up my cold drink and waited for an answer.
"I told you, I let Malaya use it and she drove it into a ditch. Moms not even gone make her pay for it either." he said, his nostrils flaring up. He looked over at me and I was speechless. Just staring at him, then after another 10 seconds or so, I just started laughing.
"Man that shit not funny. Turn left up here." he said folding his arms over his chest. " It's the third condo on the right. we pulled up and I looked at the condominium in front of me. This thing was huge.
"You can come in if you want." he said getting out.
"I'm not trying to impose Dre. Your parents might flip."
"Girl I don't live with them. Me and Mecca in here together."
When he said that I slid out of my driver's seat and followed him up into the foyer. He fumbled with the keys for a minute before finally getting the locks done. When he opened the door and stepped inside, he froze staring in the direction of the couches.
"What are you doing, child?" I said turning around after closing the door. Then my eyes landed on what had him stuck. I immediately took out my phone and snapped a few pictures. Kenya and Mecca were cuddled up on the couch, sleeping peacefully.
"Yeeesssssssssssssssss bitch." I whispered to myself, laughing a bit.
"Man, come on." Dre said walking past them, and so I followed suit.

- Simple Things | Miguel