Chapter VIII

- Kenya

I woke up in Mecca's arms on the couch. I removed myself from his grasp, careful not to wake him up, and picked up my phone. It was 9:30 pm.
"Fuck." I whispered to myself. At that point I heard shuffling towards the back of the house. Then I heard voices. I tapped Mecca to wake him up.
"Huhhhhh." he groaned.
"Somebody's in the house dude, get up." I said quietly.
"What?" he sat up.
"I heard voices."
Just as I said that Dre and Kassie emerged from the back. Dre's eyes were low, and so was Kassie's.
"Biiiiiiiitttccchhhhhhh." Kassie said, then she just giggled.
"You smoked?" I asked.
"It was kinda forced. You know you can't be in the same room as Dre and think you gone be sober." she said.
"Yeah, you got a point there." I said giggling. I got up and walked towards the bathroom. I rummaged through the drawers til I found where the spare toothbrushes were. I brushed my teeth then stuck my head out the bathroom,
"Mec?!" I called. Seconds later he appeared in the hallway.
"What's up?" he asked walking into the bathroom. "I see you found the toothbrushes trout mouth."
I smacked his arm as he grabbed his red toothbrush.
"Shut up. Where are the face rags? I need to wash my face."
While still brushing his teeth his disappeared then reappeared with a white wash cloth. I ran it under the water and proceeded to wash my face. I left him in the bathroom and returned to the front where Kassie and Dre were. Dre was rolling up and Kassie was splitting another cigar.
"Guess what?" Kass said as I sat next to her.
"What?"
"Dre taught me how to roll."
"Why, it's not like you gone smoke enough to do it."
She looked at me with bloodshot eyes.
"You right, but it's a handy skill." she laughed.
"Go get Nyssa." I said. "I'm finna call her and tell her to be ready."
Before I could finish my sentence, she was up and grabbing her keys.
"Okay, Dre ride with me."
He puffed his stick a few times then passed it to me.
"I'm keeping this. I'll smoke one with you when y'all get back."
"Bet. And tell Mec to hit my phone."
"Alright."
They disappeared out the door, leaving me alone in the living room. Seconds later Mecca swaggered into the living room. He plopped down next to me and I passed him the blunt.
"Dre said text him."
"I want you to help me." he said, completely ignoring what I had just said.
"Help you what, and Dre said text him."
"Girl I heard you." he said chuckling a bit. "Grab that bag over there."
I got up and went to the bag he was talking about. Picking up the bag, I began to search for the zipper. I made it back to the couch and unzipped the bag. He laughed instantly taking in my expression.
"What you want me to do with this?" I asked, amazed at what was in front of me.
"Sell it. Smoke it. But mostly sell it." he replied. He shrugged his shoulders.
I zipped the bag and placed it at his feet.
"I don't know the first thing about sellin weed Mec. I make good money where I'm at right now, and i don't wanna fuck up your money in the process. No way, I'm good." I said throwing my hands up. He grabbed the bag, got up and located his keys, then put on his shoes. I followed suit, then we exited the house without another word.

- Mecca

We got into my car and sat in an awkward silence. By the time I was done breaking down the numbers to her, she was gonna be begging me to sell. I cranked the engine and pulled out of the driveway.
"So where do you work again?" I asked her.
"Forever 21 at the mall."
"Y'all get paid minimum wage, huh?"
"Nah, we get 8 even. What's up with all these questions?"
"Hypothetically speaking, you work about five days a week. On each of those days you work about 6 or 7 hours, imma say 7. So that's 56 dollars a day. 280 dollars a week, but nine times outta ten, you're getting paid biweekly. So that's 560 dollars every two weeks, but after taxes and all that other bullshit, you really only end up with about 430 of that 560." I looked over at her and she looked dumbfounded.
"What are you getting at?" she asked.
"Im finna throw some more numbers at you, you ready?" I asked laughing. She playfully hit my arm. "A pound of weed is 16 ounces. 16 ounces is 64 quarters. 64 quarters is 128 eighths. 128 eighths is 448 grams. And if every gram cost 15 dollars, how much is that?"
"Uhh." she said attempting the math in her head.
"6,720, right?" I asked. She scoffed.
"I don't know, you tell me, you're the genius. All them damn numbers." she giggled.
"So what I'm saying, the 9-5 is chump change. Help me move this and we could take over girl. We could be a power couple." I glanced over at her briefly before refocusing on the road.
"You just called us a couple." she said, more to herself than to me. I laughed, reached over and put my hand on her thigh.
"You my lady." I replied. She put her hand over mine, gently running her thumb up and down my index finger. She looked out of the window.
"I'll do it. But how do I get clientele without stepping on everybody else?"
"Fuck everybody else Ken, it's just me and you." I picked up her hand and kissed it. I pulled into Vape-n-Ape smoke shop and parked. We got out of the car and walked into the store. I draped my arm around her shoulder and whispered in her ear,
"Get whatever you want, but make sure you get a scale."
I let her go, tapped her ass, then turned around and headed for the bathroom. I entered the bathroom, did my business, then exited, headed back to the front of the store. When I made it, I snaked my arms around her waist. That's when I saw her.
"What's up Mecca?" the girl behind the register said. Kenya looked at me then to the girl at the register, then back to me. She sidestepped out of my embrace.
"Yeah, what's up, how much do I owe you?" I said grabbing Ken's hand.
"$135.72" she said boxing a bong, a grinder, a pink scale, and a shit ton of Dutch cigars. I handed her two crisps 100 dollar bills and collected the product and my change. By this time, Kenya had took my keys and was headed out of the door to my car.
"So that's who got you trippin on me? That's why you haven't called or texted me back?"
"Watch your mouth Ariel." I said as I began walking to the door. 
"Whatever nigga, she could never be me." she flung her hand up. I paused, turned around, and looked at her.
"Bitch, you were a nut. Don't flatter yourself, we were never together. You kept my dick wet, that's it. Don't call my phone no more, and stop texting. I been done with you."
"We'll see." she called out as I exited the store. Kenya was on the phone as I walked up to the car. I opened the back door and put the bag on the seat. As I was closing the door I heard,
"Look, he's back in th...."
I slid into the front seat just as she was locking her phone. I looked over at her and cranked the engine. Her eyes met mine for 3 seconds before she looked out the window.
"Sell it for 15. No questions, 15 or send em walkin." I said pulling out of the parking lot.
"Okay." she said looking down at her phone.
"I'm bringing you home. Get Kassie and Nyssa to help you bag that up. Everything you need is in the bag." I said turning up the radio, leaving no room for a rebuttal. We drove the rest of the way in a comfortable silence.

- Trap Girl | Kevin Gates