Chapter IX

THREE WEEKS LATER

- Kenya

I woke up to my phone vibrating. It was 3:38 pm on Saturday afternoon. I rolled over and grabbed my phone from the nightstand. I looked at the caller ID, the number wasn't saved. I clicked the lock button to silence the call. Before I could even put my phone down it rang again, it was the same number.
"Who is this?" I answered.
"Is this Kenya?" a girl asked.
"Who's asking?" I replied.
"Brayden gave my your number."
"Brayden?"
"He said he was in your English class last semester at State."
"Oh, him, yeah. What about him?"
"He said you had the gas." she said getting straight to the point.
"How much you need?" I asked swinging my legs over my bed.
"I need an eighth. How much?"
"I'll let it go for 40. Give me thirty minutes, and i'll drop a location."
"Bet, preciate it beautiful." she said.
"No problem."

30 MINUTES LATER

I pulled into the parking lot of Top Gun Training Gym & Obstacle Courses. I pulled out my phone and dropped a pin to the number that called earlier.
Me: Attachment 1 Location
895-632-9217: omw.
Me: bet. in a black impala, third column, fourth car.
I reached in the backseat and produced the black Nike bag Mecca gave me a few weeks ago. I pulled the clock out and put it on the arm rest. I quickly scaled up 3.8 of the M39 strain. I put the product in a baggie and layed my head back on the headrest. My phone vibrated signaling a message.
895-632-9217: pullin up.
I sat up and looked around. A red Challenger was pulling into the parking lot. It pulled right next to me. A girl got out of the passenger seat and walked over to my passenger door and got in.
"I'm Elese."
"Reach in the glove compartment and grab that pipe."
She did as she was told and pulled out a pink pipe. I packed it and handed it to her.
"Hit it." I said. A trick I learned from Mecca, a narc won't use. She flicked her lighter and took a long drag, exhaled through her nose, then hit it again.
"This what I'm finna get?" she asked exhaling again.
"Yes ma'am. Something wrong with it?" I asked.
"Hell nah, girl that shit smokin. You definitely finna become my go to. Save my number."
I laughed and handed her the baggies.
"I gotchu. Whenever you need it, hit me up, and tell your friends. Just don't give my number out."
"Alrighty. And thanks for doin this on such short notice, niggas been dry around here."
"I always have it."
"Bet." she leaned over and gave me an awkward hug. "See you later." she got out and got back into the challenger. I watched them pull out, then I pulled my phone out and called Mecca.
"What's up gorgeous?" he answered.
"Hey babe, what are you doing? You busy?"
"Nahh, I'm at home chilling. Why, what's up?" he asked.
"I'm finna pull up. Cool?"
"Yeah."
"Alright, I'm finna go to Subway first, want anything?"
"A turkey six inch with just mayo, lettuce, and tomato, three chocolate chip cookies, and a bottle of sprite."
"Lil hungry ass boy." I giggled, "Alright, I should be there shortly."
"Alright. See you."
"Later."

***

I pulled up to Mecca and Dre's condo and got out. Before I could even make it to the door it swung open and I was wrapped in a bearhug from Mec.
"Oh gosh." I giggled. "Can I get inside first?"
"Gimme a kiss."
"Boy, let me go. Let me inside first crazy."
"Gimme a kiss."
I made it past him into the house and went into the kitchen. I put the food down and he appeared shortly after. I gave him his food and we sat there and ate. After we ate we went into his room and he turned his PS4 on and put in Call of Duty:Black Ops III.
"Where is the other controller?"
"Should be behind the system. Is it not there?"
If it was I wouldn't be asking. I thought to myself.
"No babe, it isn't."
"Dre must have it. I'll be right back."
He disappeared then reappeared in a matter of seconds. He tossed the controller to me and I logged in to my profile.
"Zombies? Or do you wanna get online and play?"
"Let's play zombies." I said as my phone rang. I picked it up and looked at the caller ID.
UNKNOWN flashed across the top. I silenced the call and put it down. Three seconds later it was ringing again.
"Who is this?" I answered.
"Ken, we need to ta-" hearing the voice, I hung up before he finished his sentence.
"Who was that?" Mecca asked, looking in my direction.
"Nobody." I said. I began choosing my class and which power ups I wanted to use for our zombie match. My phone started ringing again. I hit the snooze button. Out of my peripherals I seen Mecca raise his eyebrow.
"And who is nobody?" My phone started ringing again. Before I could pick it up, he grabbed it and answered.