Chapter VI

- Inari

I sat on the edge of the tub, nervously bouncing my leg up and down. I had just peed on a pregnancy test.
Damn, two minutes is a long time. I said to myself. Just as I was completing the thought, the timer went off on my phone. I got up, walked over to the sink, and picked up the test.

- Zarion

I was sitting in the booth with Kenya having a good time. We were clowning and laughing about literally everything. Then I felt my phone vibrate on the table. I picked it up and looked at the caller ID.
"It's Inari." I said.
"Here we go." she said rolling her eyes to the ceiling.
"Just give me a minute. Hello?" I answered. I grabbed her hand and stared into her eyes.
"Hey baby." she said.
"Hey, what's up?" I said.
She was silent for a minute.
"Is everything okay?" I let go of Ken's hand and sat straight up.
"Do you love me?" she said.
"Yes." I replied.
"I-" she sniffed, "can you say it? I need to hear you say it."
"Are you crying?"
"Do you love me?" she repeated.
I looked over at Ken with pleading eyes.
"You know I love you." I said into the phone. I looked at Ken's face and it was as if she'd just been stabbed. She looked back at me with hurt eyes.
"Zarion, I'm pregnant." she said in low voice.
My face contorted, I was overwhelmed with so many emotions. Happiness, anger, hurt, and last but not least disappointment. I cleared my throat and rubbed the back of my neck.
"Are you sure?"
"I passed the test. Four times Zae. I'm looking at them right now." she sniffled. "What are we gonna do?" she was lightly crying by this time.
"Make an appointment and we'll go from there. I'll come over later. I gotta go." I hung up before she could say anything. I looked at Kenya and she was looking at me.
"So you do love her?" she said barely audible. She looked down into her lap.
"She's pregnant."
She looked up at me with cold eyes.

- Kenya

If looks could kill, Zarion would be dead right where he sat. She's pregnant. Kept ringing through my head.
"Take me Kassie's to get my stuff, then take me home."
"Can we at least talk about this?"
"No." I said coldly. I then got up and walked out of the restaurant. Not long after, Zarion came out of the restaurant too. He unlocked the doors, and I got in. He pulled off headed to Kassie's.

When we arrived at Kassie's I jumped out, shut his door, and made my way inside to the house. I gave Kassie and Nyssa a rundown of what happened, then explained to them why I was leaving. We said our goodbyes, then I went back out to the truck and got in. He drove off.
"So you're really not gonna let me explain?"
"Explain what Zarion? She's pregnant, there's nothing else to say. So drop it." I said looking out the window.
"It should've been you." he said.
"Ahahaha. Well it's not." I said sarcastically. He pulled up to my house, I got out, and slammed his door with so much force. Without looking back, I walked up the pathway to my house, and went inside. Luckily no one was home, so I darted upstairs to my room to sulk in my feelings.
I connected my phone to the Beats pill I got for Christmas and turned on some music. I fell onto my bed belly down, and let the tears roll.

- Mecca

"When are we going back by them girls?" I asked my cousin Dre.
"What girls man?" he asked, not taking his eyes off of the TV.
"Kassie and them. I'm tryna get at Kenya neck." I said smiling. She been on a nigga mind since we first met a couple weeks back.
"Well shit, we can go over there now if you want." he paused his game and looked my way.
"Yeah, see what's up on they end." I said. He grabbed his phone and his thumbs started tapping the screen. Ten seconds later he was on the phone with Kassie.
"Well go get her. My cousin tryna fuck with her." I heard him say. "Aight, make it happen, chump." he hung up and looked at me. "Get dressed." he said.
"Man you better not be bullshittin." I said laughing. I threw on a pair of black bandana print joggers, a red Lust tee shirt, and my bred 11's. When I walked out of my room, Dre was walking out of his room as well. We made our way out to the car and got in. He cranked the engine and we were headed to Kassie's.

***

"We outside." Dre said into his phone. Not even a minute later, Kassie, Nyssa, and Kenya walked out of the house. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. She was simply stunning. Even in her tomboy attire. She had on sweats, a Power Apparel tee shirt, and Nike slides.
"What's up y'all?" Dre said hugging each one of them.
"Hey." they all cooed.
"What's up Mecca?" Kassie said side eyeing me.
"What's up man." I said chuckling. "What you doin for it?"
"Not shit." she said laughing.
"Kenya you tryna smoke?" Dre asked.
"That would be sweet." she said lowly. She was upset about something and you could tell. We all got into Dre's Charger. The girls were in the back and we were up front. I took out five grams from a sac I had, put it in a baggie, and passed it back to Kenya.
"What, y'all want me to roll?" she asked looking up at us.
I turned around in my seat looking at her.
"Nah, that's for you ma." I said licking my lips.
"Really I'm the plug, really I'm the plug." Nyssa said giggling.
"Nah for real." Dre said.
"Wait, he really sell dope?" Nyssa said, raising her eyebrow.
"Show her man, since she tryna call yo bluff." Dre said laughing. He flicked the switch to pop the trunk. I got out, walked around to the trunk, and retrieved a black Adidas book bag. I returned to the front seat and slid in. I tossed Nyssa the bag and she unzipped it. Her eyes bugged out of her head.
"I've never seen so much at a time." she said picking up a bud. She sniffed it and looked at Kenya. "This shit potent." she said laughing.
"Thanks Mecca." she said smiling.
"No problem shorty. And really, whenever you need it, hit my line." I said taking the bag back from Nyssa and placing it between my legs on the floorboard. By this time Dre had the blunt rolled, and was passing it to me.
"I don't even have your number." she said shyly.
"We'll get to that later, but for now." I said passing her the blunt.

- New Flame | Chris Brown ft. Usher & Rick Ross