Chapter 1

I looked down at my hands, so pale they almost matched the bright white of my shirt, which was slowly being removed, and replaced by a crimson stain that seemed to envelope my body like a jewel toned poison that was all at once beautiful and terrifying. Steadily it felt as if it seeped into my skin and stole my drive, my will to live. Branching out from the left side of my chest it ran down my hand like a slithering cobra, full of a sly form of mystery. As if it could either end me, or fill me with power with only a glint of its ruby red skin.
Numb, numb and surprised is all I felt at the realisation of the bullet that was lodged in my chest. I couldn't stop looking at my hands all though I knew I should look up; See who shot me or call for my older brother upstairs to save me from death, but all I could do was stare at the blood dripping off my fingertips and onto the glossy wooden floor. I had never seen this much blood, and as much as I knew it should terrify me or disgust me I found it beautiful. I couldn't turn away from it and as I watched it soak my jeans, and pool around my bare feet. Sadly all I could think was, why did I wear white today? Then everything faded to black as I heard my brother Cole yell my name.

Authors Note
First story and I only read over the first couple chapters so don't judge😅
        -❤️