Chapter 5

"This is Vallence she's here to look into your shooting" the whole time he's speaking my brother never takes his eyes off her. Then he continues to introduce me to the cop and honestly I'm surprised he even remembered my name to introduce me "And Vallence this is Avvie" Cole stopped talking and then quickly put in "Her full name is Avalon Amber-Lee Minneont, she's 16, and I've been her legal guardian ever since our mom got sent to springfield last year." He waited a few seconds until he realized he just blurted that all out and hurried to fix his mistake "Sorry, I thought u might need to know since your investigating and all" I wanted to flinch when he mention springfield then remembered I can't. Springfield is a mental institution that's down town. Mom had been going a little down hill mentally and physically ever since dad left 12 years ago. Dad had already been a bit of an alcoholic when he and mom got married and had cole, and he only got worse after that. He was still an okay father when i was a baby. At least that's what Cole told me, but around the time I turned two he started visiting the bars more often at night and he got into some bad stuff. Eventually he became part of the drug business, and then one day he disappeared. All his clothes, all his files, and his car all gone. We don't really know what happened to him, but we're pretty sure the people he was working with or for weren't the peaceful hippie type of druggies. After that mom became really depressed until one day she just didn't get out of bed, she let me and Cole stay home from school. We sat and at huge jugs of ice cream in our beds until mom got out of bed and came to get us. She took us to her room and we drew on all the walls together. I just thought it was fun, I never noticed anything weird about the way she was acting. I was too young to remember any of it, but Cole says she looked completely insane that day. Her hair was matted to the back of her head from sleep, she was still in her pajamas, she was barefoot, and when she colored on the walls with us she twitched and fidgeted like she was being jabbed with a cattle prod every two seconds. Cole also told me about what she drew, but I remember glimpses of her drawings. She had drawn needles and syringes like the things doctors give you shots with, and pills, and knives, and bottles. I just never understood what they were until cole explained to me that they were mostly things that had to do with dad.

Authors Note
Dads a druggie which drove mom to loony-ville, and I think my fams messed up😂😭
-❤️