'Damsel in distress'

I updated the first chapter today but all I did was change Caz's accent from Australian to British.
Not much to say so I'll just continue with the story.

-----------------

"Max!, Come in here" Caz calls.

"Ugh, fine" I grunt.

I walk in and sit on the couch with my legs crossed, criss cross apple sauce style. Jake sits next to me which i'm grateful for, knowing he can lighten any situation. Reggie stands to the side of the foldable chair Caz is sitting in, in front of me and Jake.

Caz bluntly tells me with a straight face "this isn't going to end like our usual meetings, and I mean it once we tell you what your going to do you need to listen to us and follow it."

"Well more like what you can't do" Reggie adds on.

"Ok, I get it, would you just tell me what it is so we can go, I want to go back to that rich house we were in the other day." I say sounding frustrated.

"He he," Jake says nervously rubbing the back of his neck "That's what we want to talk to you about".

"No, wait, guys I have to go, you can't go without a member of the team" I tell them desperately.

"We won't" Jake says forcing a smile.

I smile back, my hopes lifting.

"Because you're off the team." Reggie says coldly.

I feel my stomach twist up into a knot and I feel like i'm going to throw up, my mouth hanging open, but I haven't said anything.

I regain my posture and say "No" but that's all I get out.

"Yes, you will stay here during our outings and if you leave after I say not to i'll have to send somebody after you" this is coming from Caz.

"No, I don't want to!" I say, my voice cracking.

"Yes, you don't have much of a choice, it's just until you finish school." Caz says.

"We have to get going" Reggie says.

"And what if I leave and you guys aren't here, or you're leaving?" I ask knowing the answer.

"You aren't allowed to leave if we are" Jake says surprisingly stubbornly.

I realize i'm not going to get anywhere talking to them about it, when the door swings open and five more guys step in.

It's five more guys from the gang. Jackson, Clark, Adam, Ty, and Sebastian.

"I told you guys to wait outside" Caz says "I didn't need you guys here to make things worse.

"They know what their doing, we don't have time for this we need to go" Reggie says.

I can tell an argument is about to start and even though i'm really curious as to what they are going to say, I know this is my only chance to leave, So I do. I get up and walk to my room where I start to climb out the window with a change of clothes.

"Where'd she go?" I hear Jake say.

But it's too late, i'm gone.

I don't know where to go but I know I have to keep going or else they'll have someone on my tail in minutes.

I'm about three blocks from my house when I hear a car racing down the street. I turn left inside a clothing store. I change into some faded skinny jeans, and a red Nike shirt with a black jacket. I'm not sure what to do with the clothes I came in wearing so I carry them with me under my jacket.

I go to the park because it's huge, always full of people, and the last place my former gang would go looking for me. Then I run into somebody and their dog.

"Sorry" I say.

"It's no problem.." Dakota starts but then turns around and sees it's me, "Unless of course it wasn't an accident."

I laugh because he has a smirk on his face. I realize exactly what I need to do, and grab him by the arm then I start walking.

"Let's go to your house" I say quickly still holding his arm.

He stops, making me let go of his arm and says "Well somebody is in a rush, no first date?"

"Fine, the dates at your house lets go" I say reaching for his arm again.

He pulls his arm back so I can't grab it and I realize what he's doing when he says "nope, let's start by giving some answers, Who are you running from."

"How did you... never mind, I'm running from my brother and his friends."

"You mean Caz, the guy who is always trying to protect you, and his friends?"

"Yes" I say then see Sebastian walk through the park's front entrance "Oh no."

Dakota looks over and see's who i'm staring at. Sebastian walks up to a girl who has a hood over her head and is about my height, she's kissing a boy when he walks up to them and pulls them apart, then apologizes and continues walking around.

There goes that option; thankfully.

"Wait, dogs!" I say to myself out loud.

"Huh?" Dakota asks.

"Is your dog well trained?" I ask.

"Yea, why." He asks confused.

Sebastian... the guy over there" I say gesturing to the front of the park "He's scared of dogs, something in his past, he won't come near one."

I sit facing the dog with my hood on, and take off the Golden retriever's leash. Dakota get's the plan and sits down next to me.

Sebastian walks past without hesitation after seeing the dog off a leash.

"Smart" Dakota whispers.

When he's done checking the park we head straight towards the back. He left out the front.

"Can we go now?" I ask sounding exhausted which I'm not because it'll take more than that to even make me tired I was trained for this.

We walked several blocks with multiple left and right turns along the way, until we get to a street with somewhat small houses that could use some repair. We walk to a building five houses down, which is by far the biggest on the block, but still small compared to mine.

"Welcome to mi casa" Dakota says walking around back.

"Noice" I say, and no I didn't say it wrong.

Dakota get's to a window in the back and climbs through.

"Classy," I say sarcastically. looking up at his one story house and him climbing through the window.

"Why didn't we use the door?" I ask him after climbing through the window "Or do you just have a thing for climbing through windows?"

"Hey, whatever get's the girl" he says with a grin on his face shrugging.

"Right, and hows that going for ya?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"You tell me, your the one going on a date with me, after you asked to come to my house."

"You came to my house first!" I say defensively, my cheeks turning red.

He just shrugs "How about that date?"

"No" I say.

"Who exactly just saved you?" He asks.

"Saved me, listen here" I say getting closer to him while he backs up "I'm no damsel in destress, and I don't need you to catch me when I fall" then he falls onto his bed and I land on top of him.

We've just stared at each other for a solid minute when he asks "What were you saying, damsel?".
------------
Hey hope you liked this chapter don't forget to vote/star if you haven't already, it's simple just click the little star and it will tell you your vote has been submitted, lol. Have a great day guys happy 4th of july.~Joyce