4. knucklehead blonde

The next day, you kept the thinking about your moments with Sasuke yesterday. Other great memories, don't you think? This is something you will remember forever, yes indeed.

You were so happy, you even thought it was good day, a good afternoon, a silent one, but oh wait- the, Uzumaki Naruto, is on his way!

A known knucklehead blonde ran through the hallways to your your last period class, hoping you would still be there, he ignored the warnings and calls of teachers to stop running in the hallways but he didn't care.

"(F/n)-chan!" Naruto slid the door open before seeing you there, indeed still sitting down on your desk, as he
assumed that you were studying after school, or so he thought. He walked over to you as his grin only widened seeing that you had perked your head up.

"Oh..Naruto? Long time I haven't seen you." You replied before letting down your pencil on the wooden desk. "What's up?"

"I just wanted to see you." The blonde replied with a smile, but the smile faded away seeing other textbooks that were certainly not yours. "Who are those?" He asked.

"Mine." A familiar cold voice could be heard throughout the room, and both you and Naruto already knew that it was Sasuke.

"You're studying with him? (F/n)-chan that's our thing!" Naruto whined as he looked at his best friend over his shoulder.

"No, Naruto, I'm his tutor." You made it clear as Sasuke sat down on his seat, which was across from you. "Though he doesn't appreciate what I do." You said through gritted teeth looking at the raven haired boy.

"Shut up."

"Haha, okay, guys!" Naruto chuckled nervously before he grabbed a chair and sat in between you and him. Being the talkative boy he was, he quickly changed the subject. "Sasuke! How's it going with Karin?"

"Karin? Who's that?" You asked while writing stuff down on your notebook. "Never heard- Wait.. Isn't she the one that would always fangirl about Sasuke?" After you asked this, your blonde friend nodded while Sasuke simply rolled his eyes, he actually wanted to hide it from you but oh well.

"Mhm! She's the one, bro has been dating so many girls." Naruto leaned over towards you as he whispered the sentence in your ear.

"What did you say, you dobe?!"

"Ah, so I was right, you did started to date someone new. It's no surprise." You clarified before starting to pack your stuff up. The truth was, it hurt, it really did but you had to hide it. There was now way in hell you were going to let that get in your way from moving on or focusing on your grades. Down to the no to the no, no, no.

'I need to let him go.' You began to think to yourself as you finally finished putting your stuff in your backpack.

"(F/n)-chan? You're leaving?" Naruto pouted as he stood up from his seat as well. "I'll go with you, besides your home isn-"

"Naruto, Guess what? Sakura actually asked for you this morning." The onyx-eyed boy said before packing up his stuff too. "She told me to give you her number too."

The blonde couldn't help but gasp as his eyes were now filled with happiness. "Really?! Sakura-chan?" Sasuke nodded hearing the question from Naruto.

Ah.. Naruto falls for everything, doesn't he?

T I M E S K I P

As you walked your way home silently, you were of course minding your own business, but soon the silence was removed with small footsteps coming towards you. You stopped on your tracks and saw Sasuke walked right passed you.

"This isn't your way home."

"I know, I decided to take a walk." He replied as he slowed down his pace since you had stopped walking for a minute, but you kept standing there. "Well? Aren't you going home?"

"This is my home." You lied, it was actually Shikamaru's, but hey, you wanted to see this reaction too and besides, he was a great friend when you needed him. You really needed that lazy brat right now, since you promised yourself you wouldn't get closer to Sasuke.

"Oh..really? Okay, I'll see you tomorrow-"

"I won't be able to tutor you anymore either."

"What- Why?"

"I have a part-time job." Okay, now that wasn't a lie. "Well, Sayonara." You said before walking off towards Shikamaru's door.

"He doesn't care about you anyways, (F/n), let him go." You muttered under your breath so he wouldn't hear and he didn't.

"Where are you working?" He asked before you could walk any further.

"Somewhere you don't like."

Sasuke looked at you walking away from his sight, he looked down and then looked up at the sky. "Hn..weird."