JAKFB (pt.2)

i abbreviated it look how fancy i am

Bucky was freaking out.

Steve had no idea what was to come.

Bucky was literally on the verge of hyperventilating, something that hasn't happened since he remembered.

Steve was painting in a room peacefully.

The difference in their actions was huge. They were both at two extremes like usual.

In the 30's Bucky was adored, drew a lot of attention, and never got sick, even while treating someone who always was. Steve was ignored, felt even smaller than he already was when people looked at him, and was always sick no matter what they did.

During war, Steve was big, had all eyes on him, was basically a show girl, and a war hero. Bucky was, in comparison, small, ignored, was taken hostage, and known as the guy always at Captain America's side.

After war Steve was just, and true, and kind, and loyal. He was perfect in every way possible. Bucky was cruel, and unpredictable, and dangerous. He was imperfect in every way possible.

When they fought Tony, Steve was doing it for Bucky. He did wouldn't leave his side. Bucky was doing it for Steve and, at one point, literally left Steve when he told him to run.

And now, this.

They were opposites, but it was perfect. They were both the two extremes of a situation and when alone unstable; but when they were together, they balanced one another out. They came to this perfect middle ground and worked perfectly together.

And that was the case for this. When Steve opened the door for them he was shocked while Bucky was expecting it. Steve was confused and happy while Bucky was prepared and scared. But like usual, they met in the middle, quite literally. Steve grabbed Bucky into a much awaited hug and Bucky got everything he couldn't get from some statue. He got warmth, and life, and love, all at one time.

"I missed you." Steve said and Bucky's heart fluttered. Of course Natasha said Steve needed Bucky, but hearing the confirmation from Steve was something Bucky didn't know he needed until he got it. Bucky squeezed Steve tighter, not wanting to let go. "Say something. Anything. Please, Buck, I haven't heard you in so long." Steve sobbed into his shoulder.

Bucky comforted him, never letting go of him. Natasha had made her way to Sam a while ago and now the two watch Steve and Bucky, but neither of them could care. All that mattered was the other. When they stopped hugging, Bucky still hadn't said a word. He wanted to say so much but for some reason one thing stuck out more than the rest. It was like that was all he could say in the moment, and so he did.

"I love you."

AND I'M CUTTING IT OFF THERE YOU COULD WAIT FOR ANYTHING ELSE WHOOPS SORRY PS I THINK I WANNA MAKE THIS FULL LENGTH CAUSE IM ACTUALLY REALLY LIKING IT.