Chapter Nine

A/N: odell_lover and Artemis102 your dress is next to your respective bae...enjoy❤️

~Jaya's POV~

"Okay, are you ready?" Jaya called to Aaron who was passed patiently waiting outside her bedroom door.

"I'm ready!" Aaron called back.

Jaya opened the door to reveal her midnight blue gown with black lace. Aaron was stunned. He took Jaya's hand and twirled her around a couple times.

"You look beautiful, my love," he gasped.

"Thank you. Aren't you glad I kept it a secret?" Jaya asked, checking her reflection in the mirror before they walked out the door.

"Absolutely. It was worth the wait."

"Alexander told us to wait on the corner so I guess we'll comply," Aaron joked, stopping at the corner of the street. "Poor thing. He'll be a fifth wheel."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah. Apparently Laurens got someone to go with him. I could've sworn he was going with Alexander."

"Don't say that!" Jaya hissed, playfully hitting Aaron's arm.

"Hey! Don't leave without me!" a frantic Alexander yelled running up to the couple.

"You're the one who told us to wait." Aaron couldn't help but laugh at his friend.

"Right. Right. Okay, well Laurens and Autumn should be here any moment if they aren't too busy staring at each other," Alexander said, crossing his arms.

"You're just jealous someone doesn't stare at you."

"Not true!"

"I think I see Autumn right there! Hi!" Jaya called, waving to Autumn.

"Oh my gosh you look beautiful!" Autumn cried, giving Jaya a quick hug.

"So do you! I'm guessing you and Laurens are okay?" Jaya whispered.

"Yeah. We're fine. Doesn't he look cute?" Autumn squealed stealing a quick glance at Laurens. "He looks gorgeous in purple."

"He looks great, but we all know Aaron looks the best," Jaya boasted.

"The rich guys always look the best," Autumn retorted.

"I hate you," Jaya laughed as she began walking.

"Let me get your dress, love. I don't want it to get dirty," Aaron said carrying Jaya's dress so it didn't touch the ground.

"Me too." Laurens followed Aaron's lead and picked up Autumn's dress.

"I hate all of you. I don't have a dress to protect," Alexander pouted, stomping down the street.

"Hold my hand, Alexander," Autumn offers, holding her hand out.

"See that, Laurens," Alexander snickered, grabbing Autumn's hand. "I'm stealing your woman. Watch out. She wants me bad."

"Nobody wants you, Alexander," Laurens sighed, giving Aaron an amused look.

"I don't know why y'all are hatin'. Ladies love me!" Alexander cried, earning confused looks from passerby.

"Then why don't you have one?" Jaya challenged, making Aaron burst out laughing.

"There's nobody good enough," Alexander replied, swinging Autumn's hand back and forth.

"Maybe if you went to sleep like I suggested you'd have a girlfriend. You have bags under your eyes, Hamilton. They've become apart of your face," Aaron chuckled.