Chapter 3: Number 2

Chapter 3: Number 2

As Chloe and her colleagues arrived in Ohio, anticipation bubbled within her like effervescent champagne. She relished the prospect of exploring new places and immersing herself in the vibrant energy of each destination. Yet, amidst her excitement, a familiar foe reared its head: jet lag.

After checking into their hotel, the weary travelers dispersed to their respective rooms. Chloe, feeling drained from the journey, gratefully sank onto the plush mattress, her energy sapped by the relentless onslaught of time zone changes.

"Ugh, the plane got me jet lag again," Chloe groaned, her pallid complexion betraying the toll of her travel-induced fatigue. Anne, ever observant and compassionate, noticed Chloe's distress and approached her with a remedy in hand.

"Okay, you must rest, Chloe! And here, take this. It can reduce dizziness," Anne suggested, offering Chloe a tablet to alleviate her symptoms.

"Thanks, Anne," Chloe murmured appreciatively, accepting the tablet and washing it down with a gulp of water. As the medication took effect, a gentle wave of relief washed over her, soothing the disorientation that had plagued her since landing.

With a sigh of contentment, Chloe shrugged off her coat and allowed herself to succumb to the sweet embrace of slumber. The soft embrace of the bed welcomed her weary body, promising respite from the rigors of travel and the demands of the day. Closing her eyes, Chloe surrendered to the beckoning call of rest, knowing that rejuvenation awaited her on the other side of sleep.

~~~~~~~~

An hour before the game, Howard and the others had already settled into Quicken Loans Arena, but Chloe was still back at the hotel, frantically searching for her notebook.

As the clock ticked closer to game time, Howard's patience wore thin. He reached out to Chloe, urgency evident in his tone. "Hey! Where are you?"

"I'm coming! I'm just waiting for a taxi cab," Chloe responded, her voice slightly strained with the stress of the situation.

"Okay, hurry up!" Howard urged, the tension palpable in the air.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, Chloe arrived at the arena, her pace quick as she made her way inside.

"What took you so long?" Howard inquired, a hint of exasperation coloring his words.

"Not my lucky day, Howard, okay?" Chloe retorted, her tone tinged with frustration. The day hadn't been kind to her; beset by jet lag, she had misplaced her notes and endured a lengthy wait for a taxi cab.

"Okay, chill," Howard replied, attempting to diffuse the tension. He understood Chloe's predicament, albeit begrudgingly.

"Hey, Howard, do you know where the powder room is?" Chloe asked, her voice softened slightly as she sought some semblance of normalcy amidst the chaos.

"Just walk straight, turn right, and go to the second door. Got it?" Howard provided directions, his tone more accommodating now.

"Yeah, okay, thank you," Chloe responded gratefully, a flicker of relief evident in her voice as she headed off in search of the powder room.

                                                                                 ~~~~~~~~

She strode forward, making the turn as instructed, her eyes scanning for the elusive powder room. "Where's the powder room? Gosh, I need to make some retouches and comb my hair as well," Chloe murmured to herself. Spotting a door ahead, she reached for the handle and pushed it open, stepping inside.