Chapter 6: 3 Point Shot!!

Chloe and her colleagues found themselves in Miami, covering a game. Amidst the excitement of the event, Chloe's thoughts wandered to Klay. "I hope he's okay now," she silently wished, her concern evident even in the midst of her work.

"Don't worry too much, Chloe! Hehe!" Howard's voice interrupted her thoughts from behind.

Chloe rolled her eyes at him. "Hey, I'm just kidding!" Howard defended himself with a grin.

"Whatever, Howard. Let's just get back to work," Chloe retorted, focusing back on the task at hand.

As the game concluded with a victory for Miami, the team decided to explore the vibrant city further. They found themselves at a party house, reveling in the post-game celebrations. However, amidst the joy and festivities, Chloe found herself withdrawn, lingering in a corner, lost in her thoughts.

"Hey, Chloe, what's wrong?" Samantha, one of her colleagues, noticed her subdued demeanor and approached her.

"Um, nothing, ma'am," Chloe replied, trying to mask her concerns.

"Really? Why don't you join them?" Samantha suggested, gesturing towards the lively crowd.

"I'm good here," Chloe insisted, her mind still preoccupied.

"Well, okay. I'll go ahead then, alright?" Samantha acknowledged Chloe's choice before departing to join the others.

Alone with her thoughts, Chloe couldn't shake off her worries about Klay.

The following day, the team embarked on their journey back to Ohio, arriving in the early hours of the morning. Exhausted yet determined, they settled into their apartment before gearing up for another day of work at the Quicken Loans Arena.

Seeking out Kyrie, Chloe navigated through the bustling arena until she spotted Tristan, a teammate of the player she was looking for.

"Tristan, right? Kyrie's teammate?" Chloe approached him, seeking assistance.

"Yeah, why?" Tristan responded, curious about her inquiry.

"I just need to return his jacket," Chloe explained, holding up the item in question.

"Oh, I see. Just check him in the locker room," Tristan directed her, offering helpful guidance.

"Thank you," Chloe expressed her gratitude before heading towards the locker room.

Upon reaching her destination, Chloe overheard conversations between Kyrie, JR, and Iman. Waiting for an opportune moment, she eventually seized the chance to return the jacket to Kyrie, only to be taken aback by his unexpected state of undress.

"Oh my God!" Chloe exclaimed, hastily averting her gaze and handing him the jacket. "By the way, thanks. I already washed it," she managed to say, attempting to maintain composure amidst the awkward encounter.

However, as she attempted to leave, chaos ensued when she accidentally stepped on a body spray, causing her to lose her balance and fall onto Kyrie, who was still only clad in a towel.

In the ensuing scramble, Chloe found herself on top of Kyrie, their eyes meeting briefly before they both scrambled to their feet, embarrassed by the situation.

"Eeeehhhh!" Chloe shrieked, mortified by the turn of events, before hastily fleeing the scene.

Kyrie, meanwhile, swiftly covered himself with his towel, a playful smile gracing his lips as he watched Chloe's hasty retreat.