Renee

I stare at the horizon as I hear Toby's head hit the bottom of the truck. I had moved to the front so I could talk to Cole alone about Toby but Hannah is still here. I look at Cole.

"Where are we going?" Cole takes out a piece of paper and passes it to me. It's a newspaper article about... "Zombies exist too?" Cole plays some music before answering.

"No but Voodoo priests and priestesses can temporarily bring people back from the dead," His phone rings and he answers it. "Hello?" He listens and looks sad. "I'm sorry, he's dead. It's Cole," He listens and closes his eyes. "Thanks. I'll make them unrecognisable even to friends," He hangs up and pulls into the Tiger station. We all get out and wait to hear the reason we stopped except Toby who's still out cold. "Renee is now America's most wanted after 'killing her dads who eyewitnesses heard her say that Nathan wasn't her dad'," I was fifteen and my parents had just gotten divorced so that's not a valid reason. "And Hannah is now America's second most wanted for the murder of her Grandmother 'who she blamed for the car accident that killed her parents'." Hannah kicks Red and Cole looks like she just kicked a baby. She rests her head against Red.

"They always fucking forget Sydney," She's crying. "I was eight years old when I said that, we were in the car behind them, of course I said that," She takes a deep breath and stares at the ground.  "We have to dye and cut our hair, to make us 'unrecognisable even to friends'?" Cole nods and Toby sits up, looking in pain.

"What did I miss?" Cole brings him up to speed as I play with my hair. I had gotten my blonde hair from my mom, dyeing it would mean I'd lose the last thing I have of her but she'd care more about me not getting arrested for murdering the only people I had left. Toby walks over to me and leans close to my ear. "Don't tell Mai or Hannah about what I did. It was an accident-" I turn to him and shove him against the hood.

"Because of that accident, me and Hannah are going to be put in jail," He looks away and I grab the front of his shirt. "Hannah will be especially pissed after she kissed you. Yeah, we saw that." I let go and Cole walks over with Hannah.

"Toby, you're going in with Derek and Mai," Toby walks away, shooting me a look and I give him a nastier look. "Renee, what did you do to him for that reaction?" I walk away and lean against the back of Red. Cole follows me, Hannah is staring at Toby who's looking for aspirin. "Did you mention what we talked about earlier?" I nod and Cole rubs his forehead. "Renee..." I look at him confused.

"Sorry for getting pissed at the fact he's the reason I've lost everyone," Tears threaten to come. "Sorry for getting pissed that I'm never going to Princeton, that I'm never going find the perfect guy or any of the other shit I had planned," He hugs me and I cry. "The only good thing about what he did was I got to meet you." He cups my face and wipe away my tears. I don't know who moved first but next thing I know, we're making out. I've kissed guys before but this is different in the best way. Someone coughs and we pull apart to see Derek holding out a pair of scissors with some dye.

"Sorry to interrupt but it's time to cut the hair then when we reach the warehouse in New Orleans," He waves the red dye and we both nod. "I'll just..." He walks away and we burst out laughing at the same time. I have to hold my sides and Cole is crying.

"His face," We finally calm down and Derek comes back with scissors. Cole takes them and I nod. "Sorry if I hurt you," We walk into the restroom and I close my eyes as he starts cutting. I don't know how long it's been when he talks again. "I'm done." I open my eyes and my hair's in a bob.

"Thanks, Cole," We put my hair into the trashcan and I need to make a joke. "Maybe when we save the world, you can become probably the first ever known straight hair dresser," He takes my hand and we walk out like that. Mai's talking to someone on the phone who seems to be annoying but she seems to really like. Derek's paying for food while talking to someone on the phone, interesting. Hannah's hair is in a pixie cut and Toby talking to her looking like he's making a huge mistake that he needs to make. Hannah slaps him and walks towards us. "Hannah, what's wrong?" She looks angry but sad.

"Toby wrote the list that Raum used to find our parents," He told her, that must have been the huge mistake he needed to make. "You two don't look surprised," I close my eyes and Hannah steps back. "You knew, you let me kiss him when he basically killed my entire family. He killed everyone that we cared about," Hannah takes out scissors and runs at Toby. "YOU SON OF A BITCH!" She cuts his cheek before we get her off and Toby just sits there. The car radio plays Cry Little Sister and Raum appears.

"Hello children," Most of us are eighteen or over. "Trouble in paradise?" Toby stands up and he looks like he's in some sort of trance. "He finally told everyone then? Good, now I have my vessel," Raum flickers and I wonder if he even has a physical form. "Well one of them," Raum clicks his fingers then Cole lets go of my hand and Derek drops the food. The boys line up and Raum laughs, well it's more of a cackle. "Better try them out." Raum disappears and the boys' eyes go white.

"This is interesting," They move at the same time and even start to dance as the music changes to When You're Evil. "Three places at once will be very useful especially when I open all three gates." The boys disappears and I stare at the spot where Cole had been. I lock eyes with Mai and she nods. I look at Hannah.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you but it wasn't for me to tell," I pick up the keys and look at Mai. "Who would know where the gates are?" She raises her hand as I toss the keys and she catches them.

"There's a psychic in New Orleans who'll know where they are," We get into the cab of Red and she turns the ignition. "Let's go save the world and more importantly, save our boys." We drive and I know we'll be able to save two of them which leaves an impossible question, who'll die to save the world?