Chapter 3

The rays of the sun that hit my face was what woke me up. My hands ran over my sensitive skin on my cheek from last night. I took a deep breath and slung my blanket off of me. It was only seven o'clock so I had an hour to get ready for school. I took a quick shower so I had time to cover up the slight bruise on my cheek it wasn't bad but it was there. I stood in front of my bathroom mirror and grabbed my foundation and concealer. I lightly dab my finger on my cheek careful to not push on it too hard. You couldn't see the bruise so that was good. I went to my closet and grabbed a pair of high waisted ripped denim jeans with a simple black crop top and got my pair of black and white Adidas and got dressed, I didn't care about my hair so I just brushed it and let it fall down my shoulders in its wavy form. I look over and see my clock that reads seven thirty.

 I walk next door to my room to see if Hazel was up and ready but when I went inside her room I didn't see her so I assume she is down stairs

I walk next door to my room to see if Hazel was up and ready but when I went inside her room I didn't see her so I assume she is down stairs. I walk down stair to just see my mom in the kitchen making coffee.

"Where's Hazel?" I asked my mom while I grabbed a cup and a matching top to go with it.

"She rode the bus with this little boy but I already forgot his name." she told me.

"Was his name Ash?" I said.

"Yeah that's him, he's an adorable kid, "she said smiling but her smile slowly faded "Are you okay after what happened last night? I tried to stop him but if I did I didn't know what he would of done to me." she said as her eyes began to water.

"What do you mean?" I asked her but she just shook her head as tears went down her face. "Momma please tell me he doesn't beat you." I said. She opened her mouth but nothing came out. "Come here." I said as I grabbed her shoulders and pulled her to me. "It's okay momma but, we need to do something about this."

"No we can't if we do he would hurt us more whatever you do please don't call the police I tried to before and he beaten me till I couldn't even stand. "she said holding my shoulders. I nodded my head but there is no way in hell that I wouldn't help my momma.

"I need to get going. Are you going to be okay?" I asked while I grabbed my cup of coffee and bag off the floor.

"Yeah I should be." she said smiling a little.

...........

I rushed through the school doors already late for class and I still had to go all the way down the hall to my locker. I jog my way down and pass the class I need to be in. I can see Becca waving to me signaling for me to come on but I pointed down the hall and mouthing locker. I quickly turn around and collided with someone causing me to fall on my ass , my drawing book to fall out of my hands and the coffee I had left spelled all over my hard work I put in those drawings.

"Shit! No,no,no,no," I repeatedly said over again.

"Oh fuck, I'm so sorry love..." someone said with a thick british accent. I looked up and saw the one person that I didn't want to see at this moment where all the drawings that fell was of course him. Harry. "Is this me?" he said holding up the drawing I finished at the park yesterday.