A new norm.

The next day the children where brought to the center of the forest of death. To the stadium where the chunin exams were held. Everyone was at their stations ready for the worst but hoping for the best.

"Are you sure about this?" Sasuke asked worried that this was a mistake.

Naruto smiled lightly and nodded, "yeah. Let's do this."

Sasuke leapt down performing the Jutsu he learned from the strange ninja. Almost instantly the akatsuki were back to normal. Before they could move Shikamaru stopped him with his shadow possession Jutsu. Ino then took Sasuke's place.

"Sorry this might hurt but we have to be sure." Ino said sweetly before using her mind Jutsu to search their minds for intention, memory, and desire.

After a few moments Ino dropped exhaustedly, "They're all clear Naruto." She called.

"You sure?" He called down.

She nodded, " completely."

Naruto smiled handing each of them their own leaf village head bands. "Welcome to the village hidden in the leaves then."

As the others cheered Itachi simply looked down. Ino walked over to him. "What's wrong Itachi? Black not your color?" She asked teasingly.

"No it's not that. It's just..." He paused looking down at the head band in his hand, "it's against my mission."

She smirked, "well we have a new hokage and he says you're a member of this village so that means, you're one of us again."

He smiled putting his head band on. "I guess you're right miss Yamanaka."

The akatsuki members each found their roll in the village. Konan eventually became a sensei in the academy and married Nagato, who joined with the ninja hound trainers. Zetsu and Kakazu joined the anbu black ops along with Obito and Kisame . Itachi carried on the Uchiha line with Ino, while Hidan found himself becoming the new religious head of the village. Sasori and Deidara still had their arguments but they seemed to give more art to the village. In the end they all finally found a place where they belonged. 🙌🏻