Chapter 6.

One week passed by with my usual school events and all that. I finally took a decision that I didn't want to be part of the hockey team. I didn't want to go through the whole drama and I wanted to be more focused in my studies. So I resumed my daily life as per normal. It was a Friday that day. I finished school and was heading towards the lockers hallway. I opened up my locker and dumped my things in it. I took out just my biology textbook, my pencil case and my notebook and placed them in my bag. I walked towards the school library. 

It was about 3.30pm by the time I settled down and started to study. Being in senior year meant I had to really focus. One thing I realised was that without Hudson drama in my life, I could focus better and life felt better as an overall. I haven't talked to him since that last text. I did see him occassionally but I pretended not to notice him. Even his face started to annoy me. I couldn't fathom why I couldn't be simply one of those girls who had a big heart and just set up her friend with another friend of hers, without any complains. I couldn't understand why it had to affect me so much. I kept thinking about the past events every night before I slipped to slumberland. What was happening to me? Why did I have an effect on trivial matters? WHY DID HUDSON HAVE AN EFFECT ON ME?

A lot of time though, I seem to forget the fact that I am an Invisible - a fat and plain-looking one at that too - trying to capture one of the most popular guy's attention. Which world was I living in? 

It was about 7pm when I started to pack up and the librarian started to do her final checks of the day in the library before she closed up. I left the library. The hallways were pretty dark and there was almost no one left behind. The sports students were probably having their trainings in the field area though. Just as I turned into a corner, I slammed right into someone. The person was holding his water bottle open, probably having just visited the water fountain, and the water came splashing onto my uniform. 

"OMG! I AM SO SORRY!" The person said.

The voice was so familiar. I couldn't make out the person's face but there was a familiar aura. 

"It's ok. I am fine I guess. Just some water on the front of my uniform." I said in a small voice.

"Wait a minute... You sound so famil... Zingz?"

"Ok. I am sorry dude but I have no idea who you are. I can't exactly see your face. "

"What the hell are you doing in school so late?"

"Hudson is that you?"

"Yeah who else will be in school till this late? The football captain of course."

"Thick-skinned fellow! Ok. I am heading home now, so outta my way please. "

"Wait wait! Don't you want to like change your uniform or something? It is kinda wet right?"

"Of course I would love to but there isn't really any humans around to ask for a spare shirt and the staff room would be closed now. Genius."

"Well, erm... If you really have no shirts... I guess... I could..."

"Can you stop being a girl and tell me directly what you want to suggest?"

"Maybe you could wear one of my football jerseys? I have loads in my locker."

My face turned red at his offer. Did he not know the jersey code? Was he that dumb?

"Errr... Hudson. Don't you think that is kinda really inappropriate?"

"What? I didn't suggest something dirty like just taking off your shirt and walking around half-naked?"

My whole face was on the verge of exploding. I could feel the heat radiating off my face.

"Excuse me! Can you be a bit more mindful of what you are saying when you talk to me at least?"

"But you are the giving such a drastic effect for something so minor!"

"Well shows that you do not know the CODE."

"What crap are you talking about? You know I don't really follow the stereotypical bullshit that goes around in this school."

"Well, apparently, when a girl wears a guy's jersey, it means she is his girlfriend."

"What nonsense?! I am just trying to help a friend of me. And I think the whole world knows there is nothing between us."

That sentence of his kind of made me twinge. It made my heart drop and it definitely let down my mood. SEE! This was what I was talking about! The effects Hudson had on me. It was so frustrating. Sensing my silence, Hudson spoke up again.

"Come on Zingz. Let the whole world say what they want to say. We know ourselves and you know who I really like. Nothing of any sort could happen between us anyway. You know what I mean."

A small tear slipped out of the corner of my eye. That sentence of Hudson literally translated to - I will never be interested in a plus-sized, plain-looking girl like you and I am only hanging out with you because of Lola. I heaved a sigh.

"Go on then Hudson. Lead the way."

We reached the boys' changing room. Most of the football team was still there but the Coach wasn't there. Probably, training had just finished. Hudson went in and all the boys' heads turned to look at me. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. Hudson returned with his yellow and green jersey with the number 8 on it and the name HUD. I snatched it from him and stormed off to the girls' changing room. I changed into the jersey. It smelled fresh and very disturbingly like Hudson. His Adidas deodorant spray that never failed to make me sniff. It felt awkward. I went in front of the mirrors and examined myself. It felt weird. Me wearing a guy's shirt. Usually people's clothes didn't fit me but Hudson was a buff guy. His muscularity substituted for my flabs of fat. SInce the shirt was long, I tucked it into my skirt and left the changing room. I was about to search for Hudson when I saw him leaning against a pillar, scrolling through his phone with his backpack on. 

I cleared my throat.

"Hey. Thanks a lot for this... umm... shirt." 

"OH no prob Zingz. I kind of owe you one for helping me out with Lola all this while. The shirt looks good on you by the way."

"Cos it covers my flabs?" I smirked.

"Oh please. AT least you aren't one of those morbidly obese chics who don't even move their hands or legs. I know you exercise and keep that up. Even if your size doesn't chage, it will make you feel better. EXercise is a remedy. Always remember that."

"Ok Mr Philosopher. I shall make a move then. Thanks a lot once ag..."

"Uh ZIngz, I was kind of waiting for you actually."

I blinked at him innocently. Was this guy hit by the football today? Nevertheless, it made my stomach clench. It almost felt like... I was having butterflies in my stomach. This cannot be happening. 

"Waitng for me for?"

"Oh, I thought we could go back home together? Since we kinda live quite near each other. Unless you have anyy othe--"

"Oh no. I was going home alone anyway. So I don't mind."

Great! I have loads of stuff to tell you!"

He looked at me like a kid who just received his Christmas present or something, whatever that saying is. That made me smile too. Smiles are contagious. Perhaps just certain smiles. I turned back and saw some of the football players' looking at me and Hudson. Maybe this was how being in a relationship felt. I blushed at the thought. I kind of felt guilty though. Being a muslim, a relationship before marriage was not allowed. It felt like a betrayal to my parents. Being with a guy alone, they always said shaitan( the devil) will be lurking around. How if I do something that I will regret my whole life? Maybe I should stop thinking just for a moment.

I tuned back to Hudson.

"So, what did you want to talk about Hudson?"

"Oh yeah. DId you know? Lola's soccer jersey number is 8 as well? Isn't that a sign?"

Oh God, here we go again, I thought. Nothing is probably going to happen between me and the blue-eyed guy... even if I wanted.

A/N: Yes, this is an apology chapter for updating after weeks! Sorry once again! Do comment your opinions and suggestions! (: