Chapter 21: True love

A few weeks later

Y/n's pov

I was in the forest waiting for Corvo so I could teach him some stuff. I sat down leaning against a tree and played with some lighting and ice to create an ice lighting strike. I heard footsteps running my way.

"Woah, y/n, that's so cool" Corvo ran up behind me and I flung him over my shoulder and sat him in front of me.

"Can you do that again y/n-chan" I giggled at the eager 9 year old.

"Sure." I made that ice lighting strike again.

"CORVO. CORVO. WHERE DID YOU GO. YOU CANT JUST RUN OFF LIKE THAT" I heard none other that Natsu yell as he was running towards us.

"Over here dad" Corvo yelled back.

"Oh, um, hey....y/n"

"Natsu." I stood up and payed no attention to him and I was ready to teach and not talk.

"Y/n can I talk to you when you done"

"If you must"

~~~~mini time skip~~~~

Corvo was trying to make a fire fountain (made all of these powers up) I walked over to where Natsu was to talk to him cause I knew Corvo would take a while to get it.

"What do you want to talk about Natsu" he stood up but looked down at his feet the entire time. He hugged me. Which was a shock to me. But I slowly hugged back cause I missed his hugs, so much.

"Y/n, I miss you. I was a complete idiot and I didn't know what I
Was doing. I'm so so sorry for what I've done to you, I've hurt you. And I hate it. I hate living with that guilt." It took me a second to realize he was crying.

"Natsu I've forgi-"

"Lucy....she..."

"What did she do"

"She cheated on me...."

"What"

"She cheated on me....with Loke"

"I'm sorry Natsu. It sucks doesn't it"

"I never liked her. It was always you"

"But how come you helped raise the child?"

"Cause I wanted to be a good father and a role model for him and for him to have a family"

"Why did Lucy cheat on you"

"She said I didn't please her enough"

"That's stupid, no girl should ever do that"

"But I'm not that sad over it. I'm happy I'm free from her. I never liked her but I stuck around with her because I knew Corvo wanted a father figure. I just....really want you back y/n" he had his head Buried in my neck.

"Natsu. I'm with Laxus"

"I didn't want to tell you this but..."