Clues

"Avi." Someone murmured.

I moved a little. It's so comfortable right where I am.

Where am I again? I got on a plane... I'm in the job!

I jerked awake to see Rossi standing above me.

"You took a snooze, but we're here now." He smiled, but there was something else that he wasn't telling me.

"Wait, what's that look?" I asked.

"What look?"

"The look like I've done something weird." Why does everyone here have some sort of vendetta against me?

"Nothing, Avi, you should go get ready." He responded.

"Wait! What's his name? You know; that guy." I asked, I needed to know this before I accidentally call him Hatchet man.

"I know many guys, Avi." Rossi responded.

"No, you know the taller one. With the dark eyes and serious attitude?" I explained.

"Do you mean Hotch?" He asked.

"Yes, yes thank you! I kept wanting to call him Hatchet." I responded. Thank God I figured it out.

"Hatchet? Really?" He looked me up in down. "Go on, you need to meet him already."

I got up and hurried off the train, looking for JJ. She said she was going to ask for a switch, right?

I followed Morgan and Reid out of the airport and JJ came running up to me.

"JJ thank you so much!" I said, assuming that the switch had worked.

"Don't thank me, Hotch said no. He really wants you to go with him to the crime site." She said, slightly out of breath.

"But-but why? He hates me!" I responded.

"I really dont think he hates you, he just...acts different." She said, not sure how to end the sentence. "Look I just don't think he hates you, that's not a characteristic of Hotch."

"I'll believe it when I see it." I said, annoyed that Hotch had to be so weird about everything. This is a professional setting. If he has a problem with me, he can say it to my face.

"Yeah, well he's waiting for you right now, so you better get going." JJ replied.

I looked back and sure enough, there he was, his cold glare fixed on me.

I shuddered, saying good bye to JJ and walked towards the car.

I had the strongest urge to sit in the back, so I couldn't feel the awkward tension, but he read my mind and said "You can sit in the front."

Darnit!

I slipped into the passenger seat and faced out the window, but I could still feel him staring at me.

The car started and we were off.

I watched trees pass and houses flash by, but I knew he was always there, stealing glances at me.

This was terrifying. I don't know why he hated me so much. Maybe I can profile it out of him.

I faced forward and tried to get a glance out of the corner of my eye, but he was one step ahead.

"Why have you looked out the window the entire ride up until now?" He asked, his voice quiet and menacing.

"No reason." I lied.

"You're tense."

"I'm not tense."

"Your hands practically have a vice grip on the arm rests."