The reality

Ponyboy's pov:
The reality of it struck when the doctor stepped out into the waiting room with a pained expression on his face. He said that Belle has a very slim chance of living, the socs must have slammed her in the head pretty bad because he said she might not remember us. The thought of belle not remembering us hurt it hurt really bad and I just couldn't bare it anymore. I bolted out of the hospital doors once the doctor had been done speaking. I heard the gang calling after me but I just couldn't stop the flood of emotions raging inside me. I ran and ran to this field with a hill. Soda and I used to come here and just look up at the stars and contemplate life after mom and dad died. I just couldn't contain it any longer. I burst into tears and just sat there gasping for air as it felt I couldn't breathe I was crying so hard. I sat there grabbing at my chest in hopes to stop the pain my heart was feeling. It felt as if my world had stopped spinning all of the sudden. I then felt the sudden touch on my shoulder and immediately jerked up and then almost instantly relaxed realizing it was just soda, Emma, Jacey, and Johnny. They must have followed me when I ran off. But, I know Emma and soda probably were the first ones cause soda knew where I would be or at least hoped he did. Now, if I was feeling myself I would have stayed there and cried with them the only problem was I wasn't. My world was slowly crumbling down around me what was I supposed to do? So, without thinking I pushed them away from me and just started running I didn't know where I was going I just knew it felt good to not think for alittle bit. I did know one thing I was not turning back.