Chapter Fifteen

I woke up in a bed, my breathing heavy. This was definitely not Cinderella's palace, and I wanted to know where they had taken me to and where they had taken my baby sister. As odd as it was, I didn't remember anything from the night previous, and I knew that it had to do with the reason why I was here.

The room was very dimly lit, the floors dark and the walls a deep green color. The mattress seemed to be made of straw, and the blankets of wool. I looked down and noticed my attire for the first time: a nightgown made out of thin cream cloth and thick white boxer shorts. Someone had obviously changed me, and I was curious who it was.

"Good morning, Matthew."

I turned my head to the door and immediately saw a figure standing in the doorway. Right away I could tell that it was the silhouette of a woman, a very attractive woman. She had long, dark hair that swept all the way down to her bum, and long, delicate limbs.

But I still had no idea who she was. All I knew was that she, or someone she was working with, had kidnapped me, me and Tessa.

Hesitantly, I replied back to her, "Good morning."

She sat down at the edge of the bed, and I was finally able to see her face. Muddy brown eyes captivated her soul, which seamed to be warm and honest.

Before she had the chance to speak again, I spoke myself. "Why did you take me? Why am I here? And, where is here?" I shook my head. "But that's beside the point. Where have you taken my sister?"

The woman smiled at me. "You're a rather observant boy, aren't you?" She paused. "I don't know how much I can tell you. Not much, I'm assuming, but soon you'll have your questions answered."

My jaw clenched. "Fine, fine, but where is my sister?"

She chuckled. "Don't worry. Young Tessa is in a room across the hall."

I bit my lip. "Can I see her?" For all I knew, this lady could have been lying through her perfect white teeth.

"For a minute or so, sure," she replied. "We have to bring you to the front room."

"Why?"

"You'll have to wait and find out."

The woman, who I later learned was named Drizella, led me across the hallway to the room where my sister was staying. Upon entering the bedroom, I immediately saw Tessa curled up in a ball in the middle of the bed.

Literally jumping on the mattress, I pulled her into my arms and looked down at her. "Tessa, oh Patootie, are you okay? Did they hurt you?"

She looked up at me with her big brown eyes and shook her head. "I miss Mommy and Daddy."

I sighed, rocking her back and forth. "I know, but you'll be able to see them soon," I lied. I had no idea when we were going to get out of this world, but I would say anything to allow my sister to feel better.

"Really?" She sat up, rubbing her eyes to get rid of the tears.

"Yeah." Another lie.

She took several deep breaths before meeting my gaze once again. "Do you know who these people are?"

I scratched the back of my neck, straining my mind and trying to remember. I had heard of Drizella before. I thought so, anyways. I just had to remember who she was, and I grew frustrated when I continued to draw several blanks in a row.

"We're in the Viscous Plains."

"Where?" I cocked an eyebrow. "Oh, you mean the Villainous Plains?"