Chapter 5

My head started throbbing, a good kind though, and suddenly I could see another city. I could see cars passing by and a sign saying welcome to Doylestown and then only blackness.
Next thing I knew Madeline was standing over me with a chocolate bar in her hand. She handed it to me and gestured for me to eat it as she spoke"So? Where is she?" " In Doylestown." Ok then! Let's get packing! We're going camping In Doylestown!"
        ~•~•~•~•~
The plane ride from JFK to the pensylvania airport was horrific. I wished I got one of those horrible head aches and knocked off but sadly I didn't. I had to stay conscious and let my mind imagine all the horrific ways in which I would die in the plane crash.
But very, very fortunately we landed safely and took a cab to Doylestown.
" where do you think she'd be?" Madeline asked as she struggled to open a map she picked up at the airport." I don't know really. I think where she would connect more with mom you know, like an art museum."
"So we should go to the James A Michener art museum" she said as she read out of the map which now covered the entire back row.
The cabbie dropped us in front of the museum and it was pretty chilly outside. I was really glad I brought along my leather jacket.
We opened the the giant glass doors to enter and the first thing we saw wasn't very good. Leslie was standing with a knife to a man's throat(God knows where she got that from) in a very fierce manner. I tried to make eye contact with her and tell her to get out but she didn't notice me. An idea popped into my head and I didn't give it a second thought. I ran toward her and yelled "Cut!" And started clapping. The man's face relaxed but Leslie gave me her signature death glare.she let go of the man and put the knife back in her pocket." I told you not to come find me. And what us she doing here?" She pointed at Madeline with a look of disgust." Leslie please just trust me when I say we have to go. We'll explain everything on the way." " on the way to where?" " Minnesota."