Chapter 3: My awakening

It sounded like my mother yelling for me to wake up. I blacked out only to wake up in a hospital room. I saw my mother crying, my father was yelling at the doctors to help me, and my sister stood there confused with no clue of what’s going on. What happened, I thought. Was I just dreaming not to long ago? I thought I was front of the haunted house with that guy. And how long was I out of it? … People… are after me?

“I smell law suits all around if I don’t see results for my daughter, do you hear me!? Scolded my father. “All of you will–” 

“Sweet-heart! You’re alive; you’re awake! Thank goodness!” screamed my mother in so much happiness.

Everyone in the room was astonished that I had awoken. They all gathered around to see if I was okay. My eyes gazed out the window to barely see that guy. He disappeared after I blinked. I looked back at everyone else to insure them that I was okay. Dr. Ventura told my family and me that I should stay in the hospital for a few days to be sure that I’m okay. Hours later my friends heard the news and came in the room one-by-one to check on me.

“Sup hot chick. Tell me what happened; is it someone I need to handle for you or what?” said Liz.

“Violence isn’t the answer besides, it’s gross.” Retorted Paige.

“Violence is the answer! Look at her, she’s a hot mess! Look Zoe, just let me take care of everything.”

“Oh like what? Everything you do either gets you in trouble with the school or the law! You’ll only get poor Zoey in trouble isn’t that right Zoey?”

“Girls please…you’re giving me a headache. Please finish your fight outside.” I quietly said with a bit of anger. They both paused with sad looks on their faces and walked out. Neither said anything after that because they knew something was wrong with me. I quietly gazed at the door with somewhat of a zombie like look on my face. A few minutes later Trent walked in flower in his hand. He sat down next to me with a worried yet calm look on his face.

“Hey Zoey; I see your recovering well. Is there anything I can do for you?” said Trent.

“Oh…hi Trent, I didn’t see come in. I-I’m fine. Where’s your brother?” I replied.

“He’s visiting our parents right now. He told me to tell you that he wishes he could be here to see you but, he can’t.”

“So how come you didn’t go Trent?”

“…Jason didn’t want me to go…he said he wanted to go alone this time.”

“Oh, okay.”

Trent went on telling me that a long time ago when he and Jason were little both of their parents were sent to a mental institute. While growing up, they had a nanny, a secret agent who was also their bodyguard), and a lawyer who took care of them. (I find all that pretty sweet!) How did they get all of that one might ask; their parents were famous scientist who found and studied a lot of top secret things. (Now you know why they have a secret agent/bodyguard who protected them.) We talked a little more after that and then he left. I personally can’t believe some of the things he said about his parents and what they invented. Trent is so charming, the way he always speaks captivates me. Jack was the last one to show up. Surprisingly he didn’t act like the usual goof-ball I know.

“Hey Jack, I thought for a moment there you weren’t gonna show. I was thinking maybe you were trying to hit on one nurses or interns.” I said with a slight chuckle.

“…This isn’t funny, something bad happened to you and it could have been worse.” Jack replied. He looked at me with a serious look on his face. His eyes read cold yet concerned. I’ve never seen this from him.