q & a || issue #1

It's Arisa here, and I'm interviewing one of our newest members, Alya-sama (a.k.a. Sam) and Alexandria_Walker (a.k.a. Alex)!

How did you first learn of Miraculous Ladybug?

S: I learnt of Miraculous Ladybug on instagram, when it was first leaked at the end of 2014.

A: I first saw Miraculous Ladybug on Tumblr - to be more specific, as gif set! Y'know, in Stormy Weather, when Chat Noir grabs Ladybug's wrist and they're all cutie patooties? Yeah. That part. I knew I'd sold my soul to the show in an instant.

What was the first episode you saw from ML, and did you enjoy it at first or no?

S: Stormy Weather was the first episode I saw and at first, I thought it was a bit confusing.

A: The first episode I saw was Stormy Weather, in Korean! I absolutely loved it, and I'm pretty sure (okay maybe only a little sure) that it's my favourite (don't think about origins don't think about origins don't think about - ). The animation, the interactions between Chat and Lady, the fight... be still my beating heart... everything was so perfect!

What part of the show made you get hooked? And what are your feelings on the love square?

S: I love the superhero theme and how they don't know eachother's identities. It makes the viewers want to see how they will progress in both their normal and super lives. To say I love the love the love-square is an understatement. I adore it so much. I love how they act differently, depending on who they are.

A: I was definitely hooked after witnessing Lady's and Chat's dynamic. They're complete opposites of one another, yet oh-so-similar, and really make me squeal. Even in their civilian form, their relationship is 10/10. I just want them to be together! And on that note, the love square. AKA the only square I'm ever going to care about. Honestly, I love fanon Marichat with Chat Noir's suave advances on Marinette, but I can't help but adore canon Ladrien and their pure little affections. But! Ladynoir! The pinnacle of this entire show! And Adrienette! My heart can't take much more of this. It's like wanting four different couples to be together at once and I love it.

Who is your favorite and least favorite character in Miraculous Ladybug?

S: My favorite character would be Alya because she practically is me. I literally would be akumatized because my wifi is so bad. I don't like Lila. She gets in the way of the love square's progression.

A: My favourite would definitely have to be Chat Noir (not because I have a weakness for sweet-talking blonds. Not at all) because he's the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life. An adorable, latex-clad cat battling both the demons in his heart and the demons in his home? Sign me tf up. And my least favourite is Sabrina, because I can't really identify with her herd-mentality and mind-boggling attitude. I mean, Chloé I can understand. Hell, I can even understand where she's coming from and empathise the poor girl. Sabrina on the other hand, kinda irritates me.

Which episode/scene made all your sad and/or happy feels erupt?

S: The origins episode part 2; umbrella scene. It was so beautiful; their expressions and Adrien's laugh. The sad feels erupted when Chloe interrupted Adrien and Marinette's kiss in the Horrificator.

A: Okay. Okay. Can we please. Just talk about that one bit. When Chat thought Lady had been eaten by the T-Rex.

I actually can't with these two. I was simultaneously so happy and so devastated when Chat flipped and hugged Ladybug, berating her for scaring him like that. What a quality episode.

And then! We have the infamous Origin episodes! Basically the two episodes that took my heart in their hands - and tore it to the smallest possible pieces they could without killing me. The umbrella scene! Marinette's insecurity! Adrien's insecurity! A glimpse into his past! My death! Dammit I didn't know whether to laugh or cry or just lie down and contemplate my life choices.

This entire show just makes me both happy and sad, to be honest.

Last question: how did you find out about TheLadyblog?

S: I found when I was scanning through the tag. I found their book 'Spots and Claws' and then I became hooked with their other books ^-^

A: I consider one of your members, Mimi, a good friend of mine. We'd been mutuals on both Wattpad and Tumblr for a while, when I was stalking her offhandedly and discovered she was a member of The Ladyblog! Of course I was curious, being the Miraculous trash I am.

Great! Thanks a bunch!