Chapter V [Dream]

-Dream-

The rough waters of the Sea of People were crashing every which way. The wind was much stronger than the day before. It was creating a loud whistling sound that rang in Harry’s ears. Normally, the weather wasn’t like this. It slightly scared Harry, maybe it was a warning that his dream world was ending. That everything he had ever dreamt of was going to be lost. ‘Why?’ you may ask. He lost hope.

“Harry,” he hears his name being called by a familiar voice that he suspects to be Liam. Harry turns to face his friend.

Liam’s hair is scruffy, but looks ridiculously soft. He looks like he hasn’t shaved in a while since his sideburns and beard have grown out a bit. He has his collar around his neck so he won’t break out into a howling and violent mess.

“It feels like time’s passing quicker,” Harry says, shaking his head and turning back to look over the railing. Liam comes up beside of him and nudges Harry with his shoulder.

“Why’s that?” he wonders. His voice is raw and rough sounding as if he’s been screaming at the top of his lungs.

“I swear I was at a concert. I don’t remember going back to the bus?” Harry’s mind’s swarming with answers but he can’t seem to choose which seems more realistic.

Liam chuckles and out of the corner of his eye, Harry sees him shake his head. “That’s what’s crazy,” he began, clearing his throat allowing it to sound less beaten. “You are still at the concert.”

Harry’s eyes widen as he looks up at his friend. Liam’s reaction is slightly amused. His eyebrows are raised and a small smirk plays on his lips. “No, no, it’s not possible. If I fell asleep on stage, you guys would at least wake me up,” Harry argues, not believing a word that Liam says.

“You think I’m lying?”

“Yes” Harry answers immediately. Of course he knows Liam’s lying. Sleeping on stage is absurd.

“Harry, you’re not sleeping on stage.” Liam chuckles. “You’re daydreaming.”

Harry’s brow furrows as he finds it hard to understand. To Harry, daydreaming was just a sidetrack of thoughts. He never thought it was actually a way to dream like you do at night.

“I don’t get it,” Harry murmurs, more to himself than to Liam.

“Daydreaming explains itself. It’s all in the name – day-dreaming – you’re simply dreaming during the day,” Liam explains. Harry squeezes his eyes shut trying to rid of a headache that he’s already begun to get.

“But- but-,” he tries to think of anything he could say to voice his view of the situation.

“Listen, Harry,” Liam interferes for the better. “Right now, you’re standing on stage, facing the audience with your eyes closed just as they would be while you’re sleeping.”

“Has anyone noticed?” Harry asks.

“Of course, you’re being watched by every person out there.” Liam points out into the rough waters of the sea beneath them.

All of a sudden, it all clicks. The Sea of People. His fans!

Talent Bridge is Harry’s favorite place to be in his dream world. Though, in the real world, it’s his stage. His stage overlooks the most beautiful sight in the world – at least to Harry. Thousands and thousands of screaming people who look up to him in a heroic and noble matter. The thousands and thousands of people that he knows as his fans – almost as if it were a sea of his fans. A sea of people.

“Haz,” Liam says, pulling Harry from his thoughts. “You know, you’re needed in the real world right now.”

Harry huffs and his mind goes from ‘wonder lust’ to blank just like that. “I don’t want to go back. I like it here too much. It’s so peaceful and calm and- and…” Harry can’t find the words to describe his dream world other than – “perfect.”

“Yes,” Liam chuckles. “I know you love it here. But we kind of need you right now Haz. You need to wake up.”

“B-But I don’t know how?” Harry shakes his head, feeling a prick of shame, being his first time daydreaming (that he knows of).

A small smile appears on Liam’s face. He taps Harry’s shoulder signaling for Harry to take a step back from the railing. “Harry, do you remember reading The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe from school?” Liam asks, standing between Harry and the railing.

“N-Narnia?” Harry questions, concern gleaming from his eyes. Liam nods his head in response. “Yeah” Harry answers.

“How did they get in Narnia?”

“Through the wardrobe.”

“How did they leave?”

“T-Through the wardrobe?” It came out more as a question. Harry was now wondering what Liam was attempting to do.

“Exactly, they left the same way they entered.” Now, it was starting to make the slightest bit more since. “I want you to close your eyes,” Harry does as so. “And imagine a roaring sea of people screaming your name.”

With the last few words, Liam’s voice begins to fade. It feels as if everything is spinning until Harry hears a soft and worried voice call for him.

-:-:-:-

“Harry? Harry, answer me,” a voice (that’s much unlike Liam’s) whines. “Harry,”

Harry opens his eyes to see Niall standing nose-to-nose in front of him. Niall’s arms are on both of Harry’s shoulders, keeping him steady and lightly shaking him every now and then.

As soon as Niall realizes that Harry’s eyes are open, he relaxes, gliding his calloused hands down Harry’s long, muscular arms. Harry’s breath hitches. His eyes flutter close once again to cherish the sensational touch. But the second his eyes close, the touch is gone.

“Harry, open your eyes.” Once again, it comes out as a small whine.

Harry does as so and asks, “What happened? Where am I?”

“You’re on stage. Where did you think you were?” Niall wonders, cocking his head to the side in confusion. Harry doesn’t answer. He continues to stare into Niall’s eyes as if trying to read a thought. “You missed two of your solos,” Niall says once he realizes that Harry’s not going to give him an answer.

Harry slowly nods his head letting everything sink in. The screaming crowd, the bright lights, Niall – he’s back to reality. No matter how much Harry wanted to leave and go back to his dream, he knew Liam was right. He was needed here.

[More comments! They make me feel loved. Please let me feel loved.]