2

Renesmee Cullen

Arriving at the party, Jacob and I stood there, stupefied. It was like everything I had heard. The previous year I hadn't been invited for the obvious reason of being a Freshman. This year was going to be different. My classmates and I, we were not going to be seen as little kids anymore.

The whole front yard of Victoria Andrews' house was full of vehicles. What seemed hundreds of bicycles and skateboards were lined up alongside the minority of shiny cars. After all, not everyone could drive. Including me. That was for next year.

Jacob and I were greeted by my squealing friends yelling my name, crushing me in a tight hug.

"Oh, my god! Wren! You look amazing!"

If only they knew...

Over the summer, I had grown half of a head and my face had matured. For the past school year, I had aged with at least three years. People were blaming puberty and awful growth spurts. I could only blame myself and the creature I was.

 I could only blame myself and the creature I was

When I was starting ninth grade, I was an awkward-looking colleen, with a weird posture

When I was starting ninth grade, I was an awkward-looking colleen, with a weird posture. Things had changed. I was a new person on the outside. On the inside, I was the same bookworm with a nose in yet another book. But I did not want to be that girl anymore. I wanted to break away from the shyness and the quietness. I wanted to grow up.

"You came on time! We were about to play Seven Minutes In Heaven!"

My friends pulled us inside the house. If one saw the party, one would not believe the students were in a Catholic high school. Where on top of it all, we had to study French. Who studied French in a Catholic school?

Downstairs, in the basement, we managed to find a group of classmates. They were sitting on rugs in a circle, a beer bottle placed in the middle. The game had begun.

"There you are!", Warren, a guy from my chemistry class exclaimed, motioning to sit next to him. Jacob occupied the seat closer to him and they greeted each other with a handshake like they knew each other since diapers. Wow.