twenty-three

zach's pov

i came back to the table she was at and i placed her waffles and orange juice in front of her. she says a thank you as i place my french toast and milk in front of me. 

we began eating, keeping a low conversation since we had a whole day planned out.

-

"shall we go?" lauren asked in a british accent. "we shall!" i respond, also in a british accent. 

we both laughed it off and we started walking to the mall which wasn't that far away from our hotel. 

"so what are we getting?" she asks. "i was thinking of friendship bracelets.. you know?" i say, hoping she understands. 

"yeah! let's go" she exclaims, dragging me to a jewelry store. "do you have any.. friendship bracelets?" lauren asked. 

the worker nodded and led us to a collection of matching bracelets. i watch lauren as her eyes wander from one pair to another. 

"that one zach! it's beautiful!" she exclaims, pointing to one on the higher part of the rack. 

i got onto my tip toes and i grabbed it. it was two black bracelets with a silver infinity sign attached to it. 

"i like it" i said

"i like it" i said. she grabbed it from my hands and she brought me to the cash registers. her hand was still intertwined with mine which i liked. 

she gave the girl a five dollar bill before i could which made me playfully glare at her. 

we found a place to sit down at in front of the store and lauren opened up the package and she placed one bracelet around her wrist and i placed one around mine. 

"let's take a pic" i suggest, taking my phone out of my pocket. she puts our wrists together side by side as i snap a picture. 

i post it on instagram and twitter with the caption: i got friendship bracelets with this one!! <3 @laurenbean

"i like it" i said, examining it. "me too. this means we'll be best friends forever, no matter what" she said. my smile grows bigger.