thirty-one

lauren's pov (10pm)

i arrive home after nick has dropped me. he followed me into the house. 

"so how do you feel being zach's girlfriend?" he asks me. "it feels amazing, i really like him" i say, jogging up the stairs.

i enter my room and immediately, i get a text from cat.

cat: facetime me as soon as u get home laur

i facetime cat and she answers. "how was the date? did he ask you out?" she said, bombarding me with questions.

"the date was fun, he brought me to a cliff and we had a little picnic and then he asked me to be his girlfriend" i explain. "oh my gosh! i can't wait to see you this week at orlando! gotta go laur, bye!" 

"bye" i said, ending the call. i took off my makeup and tied my hair into a bun. i brushed my teeth, changed into clothes and i hopped in my bed. i check my phone one last time to see a text from zach.

zach: goodnight beautiful. check your bag, i put something in there!

i walk over to my desk where i placed my bag earlier. i open the zipper to find a small white teddy bear with a tag saying 'press me'. i press the bear and i hear zach's voice.

"i love you so much lauren." 

i brought the bear with me into my bed and i texted zach. 

me: the message was beautiful zach. i love you too. 

i cuddled the bear closely to my chest and i shut my eyes, hoping for sleep.