Chapter 5

"Y/n, are you ready?"I asked her, standing outside her closed door. I heard some noises coming from her bedroom and then I saw her twisting the doorknob. I watched as she slowly pulled the door open, well more like hesitantly.

She come my sight, wearing a pair of skinny jeans and a over sized sweater that was hanging off her small figure.

"You're gonna be boiling in that."I blurt out. She bit her lip and glanced down at her outfit. After a short moment he shrugged her shoulder and sniffed slightly. Her facial expression somehow turned to be more hurt than it already was.

"Did I say something wrong?"I questioned wondering if I hurt her in anyway. She sighed and shook her head.

"No." She spoke quietly. I nodded but then it hit me. Damn Jason, that was a stupid question. The poor-rich girl got raped, of course she's insecure.

"Sorry."I apologized."So are you ready to leave?"I asked, changing the subject. She nodded her head and I smiled softly."Alright, c'mon."

I parked the car in the parking lot. Sneaking a quick glanced at Y/n I noticed how her fingers were shaking. She's acting as if she lost everything and everyone in her life. Rape happens for reason.

Rolling my eyes I pushed open the door to my car and climbed out of it, kicking it shut. I looked over at the other side, waiting for the girl to get out too. I groaned when I realize she wasn't planning on coming out of the car just like that.

Anger slowly builded up inside me. This girl is impossible. I quickly got to the other side of the car and angrily opened the door for her.

"Aren't you gonna get out?"I asked. My voice a bit to harsh for her fringle ears. Out of nowhere I hear light sobs and sniffling coming from her.

I rolled my eyes. Getting real frustrated with her I lowered down to her lever and looked at her. She was crying quietly. Damn, this girl....

"Please can you stop crying."I begged. My voice soft this time. I reached my hand out trying to wipe her tears away but she backed away. I frowned.

"No, please don't hurt me."She pleaded in between sobs. I pressed my lip in a thin line.

"Look, I'm not here to hurt you. I'm here to look after you and all I'm asking you to do now is to get out of the car. You're the one who agreed on coming outside."

She glanced up at me."Just promise me you won't let anyone hurt me."

I stared at her for a moment before lifting her chine up and making her eyes stare in mine. I rubbed my thumb gently and slowly over her soft red cheek. What surprised me was that she didn't pull away from my touch.

"I promise, I won't let anyone hurt you." She let out a shaky breath, not breaking the eye-contact. Staring into her chocolate big brown orbs and admiring the beauty of them. They had so much pain in them.

I snapped back to reality and ripped my gaze from her eyes, causing her to do the same. She looked down at her laps and then back at me.

"Ready?"She nodded. I reached my hand out for her to take if. She looked down at it, biting her bottom lip but then de decided to take my hand. Her cheeks went slightly pink as I held her small hand in mine.

I quickly shut the door and locked the car before we entered the mall. As soon as we entered I felt Y/n tense up and freeze. I looked at her and saw her face. It showed nothing but fear. She gulped when she saw a group of loud teenage boys by the sport shop and squeezed my hand.

"Don't worry, I'm here."I insured her. She looked at me and nodded."Okay, where do you wanna go first?" She thought before answering.

"Forever 21."

"Alright, come let's go."

We went to couple other shops and so far she's been fine. I'm happy to be honest. She trust me and she doesn't even know me. She has no clue to who I am. As we walked out of a shoe shop I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket.

I quickly pulled it out and answered it. It was no other than Rick.

"Yo, what's up man?"I asked. Y/n glanced and me for a short moment before turning her focus to the floor.

Rick chuckled lightly. "Jason, man. How you doin?haven't seen you yesterday and I got some news for you."

"What news?"

"That prick Anthony ain't quiting the damn fight. He's been going around and telling everyone that you're scared to face him. Man, you really need do something about this."

"Fuck."I groaned from anger. Y/n glanced at me when she heard me cuss and her eyes widened slightly but I decided to ignore it.

"You need to show him who you are Jason."He said.

I sighed."But I can't do anything right now. I'm looking after Bryan's daughter. I can't just leave her like that."I spoke.

"Just try to, or do you want Anthony to continue spreading fake shit?"

"No."I clenched my jaw and tighten my grip on the bags in my hand and on Y/n's hand.

"Come today at nine, you know where."

"I'll be there."

•••••

Its 7:30am here lol

um idk

bai?

-Justynn Gomez